Reaction score
I've been reading about the biggest complaints which are primarily:

a. the blood looks like jelly from a jelly donut
b. the AI is very dumb
c. going across land to complete the next objective is tedious and boring

Many say it's like a GTA FPS

iGamer

Reaction score
it is a GTA FPS pretty much.... I really dont' mind the driving.

I find it ironic that EVERY game that has come out.. someone just has to find a fault in it.

There are compromises in everything ( even in free hosting :p ) we just have to deal with the compromises.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
True but games that have less faults tend to have higher ratings, so you know what to buy. Without faults, criticism would cease to exist! And that would be mighty scary..

iGamer

Reaction score
True but games that have less faults tend to have higher ratings, so you know what to buy. Without faults, criticism would cease to exist! And that would be mighty scary..

very true, but some criticisms are there only cuz him/her hates that particuliar game. There is Constructive Criticism and then there is downright criticism.

taht said the blood does look like someone just smashed a strawberry jelly jar.

The AI isn't as dumb as some people think, I've been quite impressed with the AI so far.

but the game is super fun with the trainer from cheathappens.com ( must be an unlimited member to get it. )

oh and I have the PC version.. which looks absolsolutely beatiful...

if any of ya'll go exploring.. go and seek out Gala Falls... the most gorgeous part of the map.

FarCry22008-10-2620-53-49-15.jpg

FarCry22008-10-2620-54-38-49.jpg

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
very true, but some criticisms are there only cuz him/her hates that particuliar game. There is Constructive Criticism and then there is downright criticism.

It's highly doubtful reviewers give negatives about games because they hate them.

When I review games and I talk about the negatives it's never because I hate it, it's because the problem is apparent enough for me to warrant some discussion about it.

iGamer

Reaction score
It's highly doubtful reviewers give negatives about games because they hate them.

When I review games and I talk about the negatives it's never because I hate it, it's because the problem is apparent enough for me to warrant some discussion about it.

I totally agree with ya. I am mainly referring to amateurs who have different agenda than just giving an honest review.

I dunno... nevermind. :nuts:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I totally agree with ya. I am mainly referring to amateurs who have different agenda than just giving an honest review.

I dunno... nevermind. :nuts:

Ah I can understand that. Someone who has never played the game before and feels like saying it sucks for the hell of it.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Ah I can understand that. Someone who has never played the game before and feels like saying it sucks for the hell of it.

I hear a lot of that going on, where people hear bad reviews from other people and bash games/game systems who haven't even bought the item yet. Look at how Windows Vista turned out. When it first came out and still to this day, people bash it saying it's slow and unstable. Well, just get them on Vista for a day and they'll see it's very stable and is pretty quick. The only people I see complain about Vista is the people who haven't upgraded anything in their PC for the last 4 years.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I wouldn't have that big of an issue with Vista if Microsoft didn't preinstall it for people on machines that everyone knowingly can barely run Vista. I'd like to reformat a Vista laptop but the fact that HP doesn't make any XP drivers for the hardware makes it impossible. But nonetheless its performance is subpar in the general scope of things, and I am hoping that Windows 7 brings out what Vista was supposed to be (but I'm not getting my hopes up)

krysber

Reaction score
it seems kinda open-ended... having never played the first... I had fun driving around and such; exploring...

mikakitty

Reaction score
There are sooooo many customs maps oooo mmmm gggg.........

Some of them are so god awful and some are great... People seem to be customizing maps more then playing ranked servers.

enraged

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem in the game is that it takes too long to get from point A to B.

crayleb

Reaction score
Far Cry 2 is an awesome game! The graphics are pretty amazing and the flame thrower is awesome! You can't burn buildings but you sure can burn the grass and trees!