Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted

Status
Not open for further replies.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/xxx/xxxxxx/xxx/includes/domit/xml_domit_nodemaps.php on line 94

This is what I get when I try to enter my site. The file and line may change depending on what page I visit, but always giving that error of memory size exhausted. I suppose that it's due to that upgrade done recently.

I'm using Joomla.

cPanel username: enoyx
Subdomain: enx.x10hosting.com
Package: Advanced
Ads on every page: Yes
Account created on Oct 20, 2006

Thanks in advance.

Colodro

Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same problem since the free server last went up, maybe because of the PHP upgrade. I hope it is fixed soon :)

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Although im on the Sustained server, i dont get the error (I'm also running Joomla). Can you try removing one of the components that deals with RSS Feeds? I think it might fix it, but not sure ;-)

eNoyx

Reaction score
If you're saying that because of the xml_domit_xxx.php,the file can be a mambot or something else, but anyway I'll try disabling the feeds. I suppose that it's because of the value of allowed memory has been reduced, so some scripts can't work.

Thanks.

mariofx

Reaction score
I have the same problem. In this moment, I see that the Free Server had "HTTPS" disabled, while on Sustained Server this does not happen. It is related with changes on Free Server (new PHP, decode of scripts, etc.)?
I use WordPress with some plugins on my blog.

Thanks for the quick answer. Greetings.

Pd: I talk spanish, sorry for this english.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I do not see the error on your site, enx.x10hosting.com.

Can you show me where you're getting it?

dest581

Reaction score
For eNoyx, you'll need to "enter" the site

http://www.deathnote-sp.com/index.php

tends to give this:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/enoyx/public_html/deathnote/includes/domit/xml_domit_nodemaps.php on line 149
one time the line number was 148 instead, I think.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine was 180 something a moment ago, but then it moved to 149 when I refreshed :S

It's still blowing up in the same script: /home/enoyx/public_html/deathnote/includes/domit/xml_domit_nodemaps.php , whatever that is.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hmm. I'm 99% certain this is being caused by the script attempting to use more memory than the limit, 8 MB. (8388608 bytes = 8 MB)

I'm going to raise the memory_limit in php.ini for all PHP scripts a few MB higher, which hopefully will fix this issue. Let me know if you continue to get the error. :)

mariofx

Reaction score
At this precise moment, the problem disappeared and my blog works fine. In the server I see "HTTPS" activated...

Thank you very much, x10hosting.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
At this precise moment, the problem disappeared and my blog works fine. In the server I see "HTTPS" activated...

Thank you very much, x10hosting.

HTTPS would not effect that, it is for offering secure HTTP which free members can't use, you could disregard that actually.

mariofx

Reaction score
I don´t knew it. Thank you for your explanation, Brandon. Greetings.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Sorry to disturb again, but my site seems to need more memory ^^'

At first, I was getting a blank page. I enabled offline mode and debugging. (If I disable the offline mode, just a blank page for everybody). And the error of exhausted memory appeared in the first published module, I unpublished it, and the error now passes to the next module... And so on, until I arrived to the login module, which I cannot unpublish due to obvious reasons.

So, if possible a higher value in php.ini? ^^' I don't know how much my site will consume, but the value it had before the upgrade had no problems at all =)

Thanks in advance

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /home/enoyx/public_html/deathnote/modules/mod_cblogin.php on line 319

Last edited:

eNoyx

Reaction score
Sorry, but my web is still not working... My users are very nervous and asking for reasons...

Please, it's important for me.
Thanks in advance.

[edit] Now, my forums, which were still working, aren't working. It gives a Forbidden error. I look the directory permissions, and the forum folder has a strange 000 permission, which I can't modify at all...

What's happening? I was sending an email to my moderators explaining the offline reasons, and now this...

Last edited:

dest581

Reaction score
Try CHMODing it back in the cpanel file manager. Won't work in FTP, but cpanel can sometimes do it.

eNoyx

Reaction score
I tried through cPanel too... And a lot of FTP clients....

I guess that the x10 staff will have to do it in the end ^^'

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I am guessing this hasn't been resolved, as he has another issue posted : Here. ( Although backing up and having memory issues seem to be two seperate issues, I wonder if they aren't related somehow )

Status
Not open for further replies.