Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have searched the forum archives and couldn't find the answer. I am a newbie. I am trying to set up a basic website using the templates under the website builder. I am successful in chosing the template (tried to do it a few times with different templates) when i preview the website I get the following error..

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 65540, whereas the Optimizer expects 2 in /home/prea0001/public_html/index.php on line 0

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. can anyone please help me.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dear preachersillawarra31
I think You are using a wrong version of the software.It is a compatability issue and it is not uncommon.
You mush be using the software which is for Php 5.3 or better.But Note that the 5.3 version should only be downloaded for PHP 5.3 and later. Most people will need the PHP 5.2 and earlier zip or tar file. So you need to go to the downloads page of the software and download the other version of the software.
Then make the site pages and try again.
That should work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dear preachersillawarra31
I think You are using a wrong version of the software.It is a compatability issue and it is not uncommon.
You mush be using the software which is for Php 5.3 or better.But Note that the 5.3 version should only be downloaded for PHP 5.3 and later. Most people will need the PHP 5.2 and earlier zip or tar file. So you need to go to the downloads page of the software and download the other version of the software.
Then make the site pages and try again.
That should work.
Thank you for your swift reply.

I didn't download any software. All I did was follow the link to create a site using the X10 Site Builder.

http://sitebuilder.x10hosting.com/sitebuilder.php?

I followed the three easy steps and chose my template. However, when I preview it I get the error.

There must be a step I am missing.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I think the sitebuilder is currently having issues,

Please try again later (there will probably be a post in News & Announcements when it is fixed), or find another method to create your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.