Fathomation

lupus_42

Reaction score
I am trying to begin a site to host some of my PHP/MySQL scripts. However, I'm a poor Web designer. This is kind of an idea of how I want the site to look, but I'm flexible. I was wondering if I could get any critique to make it look better. I'm sort of satisfied with the header, which I made in Fireworks, but the body is painfully boring.

Any suggestions? My goal is to still keep it sleek and simple, but not such a bore to look at. It was made mostly in Dreamweaver and a little of plain HTML. The code is put together sloppily but I'll fix that later. It'll be integrated with MyBB which is why there's references to where certain items will go when it is rewritten in PHP.

I'm going to attach it. Any critique, please?

[Edit: Adding the images and ZIP-archiving. You'll have to extract the ZIP prior to viewing.]

Attachments

• Fathomation (03.19.2008).zip
    239.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Very nice. I really like the header, although the login form looks a little strange to me for some reason.

lupus_42

Reaction score
Is there anything you want to suggest?

For the login form, I'm thinking it would look better with a more washed-out background color.

Anything else you want to add?

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
I would space the input boxes out a little and allow for a bigger font. All the text could be made bigger, which I think might improve its appearance.