Favicon .ico file

Kirby1990

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been having fairly difficult trouble with getting a favicon with my website. My computer doesn't have the .ico settings with Photoshop so I can't make it myself. Can somebody please make this .ico for me? I don't have very many credits, so I'll pay you all I have.
I need this file made .ico:
Favicon-Xanimyle.png

If anybody can do this, I would be so grateful.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
While we could do it once I wanna point this out for ya:

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/

Specifically http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/dl.php3?file=ICOFormat-1.6f9-win.zip <--- Photoshop CS/CS2 (and quite likely CS3 although it doesn't say so on the site) ico format plugin for photoshop.

More posting that so it'll come up whenever someone searches for how to make icons :)

Photoshop's being a royal pain on my system at the moment or I'd whip it up and get it stored somewhere for download, best I can do is give that link. I forget how to install a photoshop plugin but with any luck it's got directions included :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If you don't know how to install plugins, use a search engine like Google.
Yeah, for some reason PhotoShop has been acting up on me too. :)

Kirby1990

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I t really helped. The only problem now is that *scratches head* I don't seem to have <head> tags in my HTML Source.:dunno:
EDIT:
Verbsite, thank you for pointing out that it does NOT have to be in .ico file. I just kept hearing that it wanted an .ico file and not anything else. I do have my icon up at my website.

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
o man..this is such a help..it has been a pain in my neck to have to use a different program to make a .ico file..but now I can do it in PS