Favicon: Yes or No.

• Yes

Votes: 66 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters

Jesse

Reaction score
In fact im planning to a favicon generator site :D... i don't know what domain to use whether a co.cc or a .com :D

favicons are really good for websites.

mender42

Reaction score
To me they are not only useful in the tabs, but also if you have like a bazillion favorites to sort through. I need them pixalated or not, other wise its like reading a lame RSS feed. :happysad:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
How do you insert a favicon ?
You have to find or make an image that you want to use as a favicon. After, you have to sample it to the proper size for a favicon (which is very small), and then make it an ICO file or there are some converters online that will do this for you. After this is done, place the Favicon icon in the root folder of your site (the public_html folder) and the favicon will work when the browser calls it. Also, if you have any sub-domains, you will need to place the same file or a different one into the folder that the sub-domain points to.

winlux

Reaction score
I don't really have a choice for the one or the other, a favicon is not going to make a boring site better.

FalseHope

Reaction score
You have to find or make an image that you want to use as a favicon. After, you have to sample it to the proper size for a favicon (which is very small), and then make it an ICO file or there are some converters online that will do this for you. After this is done, place the Favicon icon in the root folder of your site (the public_html folder) and the favicon will work when the browser calls it. Also, if you have any sub-domains, you will need to place the same file or a different one into the folder that the sub-domain points to.

Or put
Code:
<link rel="icon" href="faviconname.ico">
In your code :p

John0108

Reaction score
I'd say yes. A favicon allow to add more personality to your site, to add something different from other sites, not only the content or design. With a vacicon bookmarks leading to your site are not "just" bookmarks :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If they are not pixelated and high quality, then yes!
It helps the site when someone opens tabs. (You'll know if it is your site or not.)

satbir

Reaction score
Decent sober and distinctive favicon is certainly likable but not otherwise.

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Yes, if your logo is faviconable. It reinforces your website's brand, and isn't all too hard to make. Why not?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It is the icon for the site. Most likely the first thing people remember about your sites. Although IE makes it almost impossible, every site should have it.

Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
Yes, every site should have one. They are like, a trademark for the site.

tgkprog

Reaction score
yes They make it easier to switch from tab to tab. and u dont see those not found errs in log :)

Dan

Reaction score
Yes definietely! It's the first thing I remember about a site, whether it's got a favicon - don't ask me why though!
I like sites to have favicons because then it is much much easier to scroll through my bookmarks and find a site - without any favicons it would take me a whole day to scroll through all my bookmarks finding the right site.

Oh and Why have 5 people said No to favicons?

Pi606

Reaction score
Favicons are generally good as long as they're related to what the site is about and are not too pixellated. They're great when I have tons of tabs open.

n3v3rl0v3

Reaction score
Yes, it looks fine on the tab of your website. Not bad as it usually takes very less pixel area and loads up instantly.