favorite old gaming system?

hotspur

Reaction score
For the old folks out there, what was your favorite gaming console/system from childhood? I had an Atari 7800, which was awesome at the time.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I didn't really have any but Playstation and N64 were good.

Domenico

Reaction score
Genesis was awesome. I got mine second hand for $25 and it came with 19 games! What a sweet deal. (Consider that this was when it was new, not now when you can get the console on ebay for $10with one game.)

I also had a NES.

What sucks about these old systems is that I can no longer use them. The controllers all broke over time. They ranged from the d-pad not working to you having to press the buttons down hard for them to work to it just flat out not working. I had a NES and Genesis so that's 4 controllers that broke btw.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Genesis.

Long evenings with Sonic The Hedgehog, prolly one of the few games I still have troubles beating :)

imaran

Reaction score
NES without a doubt. So many classics that I could still play (and still do on occasion)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The NES and the N64 were my most favorite systems.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
The first one I ever played was the NES, but the only game that did not *BEEP* suck was "Ice Climbers". After that I had an old Game Boy (the original, realy large and boxy one) and I played "Paper Boy".

The first console that I actualy owned was a Playstation, which rocked, games I loved included: Grand Trismo 2, Ace Combat 1, 2, and 3; Digimon World, and some really sucky FPS, including some James Bond games.

Last edited:

ccb_v2

Reaction score
Heh heh good topic. I had an old C64, then got an NES. I then saved birthday money w/ my brother and we got a SNES. Gameboys for xmas. Another year we got Game Gears (which I still have somewhere) and then I got a Genesis (with coupon to send in for Sonic 2). I saved up the year after for the SegaCD which a year later I fried when I plugged the wrong power adaptor into the back of it. I then got an N64 when it launched and later a PS1. After that I picked up a Dreamcast and later an XBox. It was awhile later that I got a 360 and then a PS3. PSP. and two NDS's. As of right now I still ahve the c64, Game Gear, Genesis, two NDS's and PS3.

VPmase

Reaction score
The NES and the N64 were my most favorite systems.
Agreed. They had the best games. Duck Hunt and most Mario games (NES) and Golden Eye, Super Smash Bros and Perfect Dark (N64) were the best.