Favourite Star Trek Captain

My favourite captain is...

• Total voters

Fearghal

Reaction score
Who is your favourite captain and why?

Its a hard one for me, its between Janeway and Sisko. Nevertheless Janeway never breaks the rules and has a never ending loyalty to her crew and ship. She never leaves anyone behind, she would rather get the entire ship destroyed than leave a member of the crew behind - I think that in a character is just amazing :happysad:.

I vote Janeway!

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I choose Picard because I've seen the most Star Trek episodes with him in it.

Fearghal

Reaction score
I choose Picard because I've seen the most Star Trek episodes with him in it.

You do not know what you are missing!? Run to the nearest DVD store and buy seasons 1-7 of voyager and DS9! Hurry! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You do not know what you are missing!? Run to the nearest DVD store and buy seasons 1-7 of voyager and DS9! Hurry! :biggrin:

Not really. I only watch 45 minutes of TV a week. The rest of the time I'm playing Multiplayer shooters on my PC or I'm online.

Last edited:

Fearghal

Reaction score
Not really. I only watch 45 minutes of TV a week. The rest of the time I'm playing Multiplayer shooters on my PC or I'm online.

I never watch TV. Im always on the computer with Star Trek playing in a small window on the screen somewhere :lol:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one.

Janeway was at times too focused on holding up her morals and Star Fleet policy. That was her biggest fault, imo. Not saying that's a bad thing as it gave her more character. She struggled the most out of all the other captains listed.

Archer was a good captain but not as memorable as the rest. He was the most human of the captains.

Kirk was an ***hole. He'd shoot and ask questions later. Sure he was a great captain but he was also a mass murderer.

Picard, like Janeway was dealt a crappy card a lot of the time. From the borg to Q, I mean he never got a break.

Sisko was a true bad ***. He was probably the most hardcore captain, not taking crap from Starfleet and even becoming the emissary to bajor. He lead the fight in the war against the dominion and in doing so he probably saved the federation as well as everyone in the alpha quadrant from a life of enslavement and death.

If I had to choose, Sisko would be my choice, followed by Picard, Janeway, Archer and then Kirk.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
hmm i would have to say sisko, archer & janeway and yours truly :p
they all have great commanding skills and they didnt shoot first and ask questions later, except when fired up on first but still they would ask why they are shooting

the only bad thing is they scrapped the star trek episodes :( >_<

Last edited:

Fearghal

Reaction score
the only bad thing is they scrapped the star trek episodes :( >_<

There is a movie coming out!!!

I also hear there is a new series in planning based on SF academy. Lets hope (and pray)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i meant the enterprise seasons i heard it was becoase there were no funds for making new episodes but they did have the $$$ for one movie theres something odd about that

Fearghal

Reaction score
i meant the enterprise seasons i heard it was becoase there were no funds for making new episodes but they did have the $$$ for one movie theres something odd about that

Enterprise was the worse thing that ever happened to star trek. I like the time when star fleet had some desent ships and not some tin can which has to blow half the ships system out in order to get a desent phazor shot at an enemy ship. (Enterprise season 1 with the phazor cannons)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
yeah there were some errors in the enterprise story's

like in the beginning shouldn't the vulcans have detected the borg debris in the artic becoase they are more advanced then the humans and also plox neutralized the nano probes shouldn't there be some sign in the history of starfleet also there is totally no reference to the xindy threat in the history an incident doesn't go unnoticed,

in the episode trials and tribble-ations they say there were only 5 ships named enterprise (1701, a, b, c, d, the enterprise-E wasn't build yet at the time of the episode, i think) but the fact is there are 7 ships named enterprise they really messed it up

Last edited:

Fearghal

Reaction score
yeah there were some errors in the enterprise story's

like in the beginning shouldn't the vulcans have detected the borg debris in the artic becoase they are more advanced then the humans and also plox neutralized the nano probes shouldn't there be some sign in the history of starfleet also there is totally no reference to the xindy threat in the history an incident doesn't go unnoticed,

in the episode trials and tribble-ations they say there were only 5 ships named enterprise (1701, a, b, c, d, the enterprise-E wasn't build yet at the time of the episode, i think) but the fact is there are 7 ships named enterprise they really messed it up

Finally - Someone who agress that series was rubbish! :biggrin:

fempower

Reaction score
Archer was not very memorable, and Kirk was a jerk. Janeway was a strong leader and Sisko was pretty awesome. My favorite, however, is Picard who handled so many situations with dignity and (rightly) got massive respect from pretty much everyone.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
only the series looked alot better at the last season in terms of graphics

Fearghal

Reaction score
only the series looked alot better at the last season in terms of graphics

I think the graphics in TNG were OK.

DS9, Voyager and Enterprise graphics were just the bomb, getting more advanced each episode.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
it would be nice to see an Anime version of star trek like Bleach and Naruto only longer it wouldn't be like a cartoon like the animated series it would be at a better quality

Fearghal

Reaction score
it would be nice to see an Anime version of star trek like Bleach and Naruto only longer it wouldn't be like a cartoon like the animated series it would be at a better quality

I'm not a huge fan of Anime.

For example I am a fan of star wars, but that new animation movie of it really sucked. I prefere actual...normal version I suppose you could call it :)

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and it really would be nice. I saw fan art somewhere (I'll try to find it) like this and it was really high quality and had its own backstory.

Anyways, I'd have to say that my favorites are Kirk in TWOK on and Janeway.

Fearghal

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a long time, and it really would be nice. I saw fan art somewhere (I'll try to find it) like this and it was really high quality and had its own backstory.

Anyways, I'd have to say that my favorites are Kirk in TWOK on and Janeway.

Well, waiting for artists to draw really high quality stuff wil take forever to make an episode :(

Zangetsu

Reaction score
well you're right about that, it would take an X amount of artist to draw it and voice actors but it would be cheaper then making a normal episode with normal actors