Favourite Star Trek Captain

My favourite captain is...

• Total voters

Fearghal

Reaction score
well you're right about that, it would take an X amount of artist to draw it and voice actors but it would be cheaper then making a normal episode with normal actors

Who cares about money? We need fast, good and exciting star trek episodes.

I would also like to see some more of Vulcan or Romulus (Spelling most likely incorrect).

I have only seen the Romulans a few times and, well they are cool. I would like to see Star Fleet have a war with them.

Can you imagine Star-Fleet, Vulcan and the Klingon's against the Romulans and the some new race from the other side of the universe!

That would be cool. I would like it too be set in the future. I like voyager when it had that deploy-able armour and transphasic torpedoes.

Or maybe the Borg could could launch the biggest invasion of the alpha quadrant ever and all the other races have to pull together to defend against it. Never-ending possibilities :)

Zangetsu

Reaction score
how about making a season where starfleet has a new huge borg invasion on their hands, after they defeated the borg invasion with the combined force of the klingon & Romulan fleets the Romulans decided to attack earth and the klingons or something also i would like to see some new ships ohh i dont know like this one maybe ?

http://i38.tinypic.com/vrtzqv.png

with the specs
http://i36.tinypic.com/11jn2h1.png

(the images are a little bit to big to post here)

Fearghal

Reaction score
how about making a season where starfleet has a new huge borg invasion on their hands, after they defeated the borg invasion with the combined force of the klingon & Romulan fleets the Romulans decided to attack earth and the klingons or something also i would like to see some new ships ohh i dont know like this one maybe ?

http://i38.tinypic.com/vrtzqv.png

with the specs
http://i36.tinypic.com/11jn2h1.png

(the images are a little bit to big to post here)

Yeah, that would be a good story line. Star fleet would be almost completly neutrelised after fighting off the borg. Maybe the Romulans could take over earth like the Cardassians did with Bajour and Star fleet have to try to retake earth. That would be cool.

Btw - That ship looks sooo cool. As long as its not called "Enterprise" :lol:.

seafury

Reaction score
James Tiberius Kirk

He comes from another era, when courage and bravery are united with decision, I disliked the much more dudative Piccard, and the weakly era inspired Voyager, there are more frivolous to me.

Fearghal

Reaction score
Okay people, why has the best captain/admiral in Starfleet only been voted for once?

Vote Janeway!

Zangetsu

Reaction score
nooo you're so wrong it's me it tell ya meeee :p

(but in terms of the best female captain: Janeway, definitely Janeway she may have had her flaws but who doesnt
as for the male captain i say it has to be Ben Sisko even though he wasnt a captain in the beginning he still commanded a pretty tough little ship)

Fearghal

Reaction score
nooo you're so wrong it's me it tell ya meeee :p

(but in terms of the best female captain: Janeway, definitely Janeway she may have had her flaws but who doesnt
as for the male captain i say it has to be Ben Sisko even though he wasnt a captain in the beginning he still commanded a pretty tough little ship)

Janeway was the only female captain. Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt Janeway the only captin to make Admiral?

As for sisko, he only got the his ship after he made Captain, or was he still a Commander?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
you're right about janeway being an admiral after getting voyager home she was promoted to admiral

Sisko was still a commander, after they really noticed the dominion threat they pulled the defiant out of mothball to defend DS9

GBH187

Reaction score
Sisko was still a commander, after they really noticed the dominion threat they pulled the defiant out of mothball to defend DS9
Sisko was promoted to Captain during the Dominion War after he was given command of a ship... you can't be captain of a space station

Who make up this stupid choices? I wanted to vote for captain Sulu
Edit:
Janeway was the only female captain. Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt Janeway the only captin to make Admiral?

As for sisko, he only got the his ship after he made Captain, or was he still a Commander?

James T Kirk was promoted to admiral and became chief of Starfleet operations

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
a captain can be a commander of a space station, the same way a commander can be a captain of a ship if any thing happens to the captain

remember DS9 isnt just a station it has RCS thrusters so its basically a huge ship it may not have a warp drive but it can still move

whitebus

Reaction score
Picard had the best character history and development. When we first see him at Far Point he's already old and bald, a child-hater, self-righteous, authoritarian and downright cold. But by the time he's recovering from Borg assimilation in France with his nephew, he's sympathetic, objective and has a great sense of humour. It took me a few episodes to accept him, but he grows on you.

TNG was also the first rehash of the classic 60's series(which meant it also had the greatest resistance from fans). It brought modern special effects and a broader science fiction genre to the franchise. The original series was more Shakespearean and much of the futuristic technology already seems obsolete today. The movies were much better; they brought Isaac Asimov in as a special science consultant for the first one. TNG integrated into the movie line well and served as a blueprint for all the future ST series.

Fearghal

Reaction score
I made the choices... I only added the protaginist captains.

As for Kirk being Admiral, I forgot about that!

Nevertheless, Janeway is still the best :)

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
It's a very tough call between Picard and Janeway (I never cared for the other series of Star Trek). Picard had to deal with some pretty major problems and made a lot more first contacts, but Janeway had a very difficult task of being stranded alone in an uncharted part of space.

I think it's a little tricky to judge the captains as ultimately it's the series that dictates their actions. Voyager never suffered a real crisis of morale, in spite of their huge distance from home and the sudden cutting short with the final couple of episodes was a real let down. Picard had a much, much longer run. All the movies as well really helped to develop him and the other TNG charachters.

I think I'm gonna go with Janeway though, she negotiated an alliance with the Borg and established contact with 8472 before they could infiltrate Startfleet Command and destroy it from within.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
as for her flaw she was to attached to the prime directive, as if i were the captain of voyager i would say bye bye prime directive and get my crew home as fast as possible by acquiring new tech preferably borg to get home to bad Janeway gave upon the slip stream drive

GBH187

Reaction score
as for her flaw she was to attached to the prime directive, as if i were the captain of voyager i would say bye bye prime directive and get my crew home as fast as possible by acquiring new tech preferably borg to get home to bad Janeway gave upon the slip stream drive

her flaw was that she did not follow the prime directive, not that she was too attached to it....

did you watch the series finale?

Zangetsu

Reaction score
that was only becoase granny janeway came back to her past but if she didnt and besides she was to much attached to her drone and first officer and besides she did obey the prime directive by helping the Ocampans etc
heck i would have helped them but i sure as heck wouldn't go sight seeing every nebula or anomaly like she did

micky000

Reaction score
For me is J.T. Kirk. He use often his intellingence to get out from every situation, and ask for help to his friends if needed.

whitebus

Reaction score
Mrs Columbo... Eeeww!

Even a cyborg supermodel squirming on an operating table in a skin tight bodysuit couldn't get me to become a regular of the series. ;)

DS9 even had to use Tribbles and a holodek baseball game vs Vulcans to make it interesting (Klingons would have kicked butt, but football would have been their game). The made up religion thing was too hokey. It got saved by Worf and the Defiant.