Fedora Core 3 DVD

alitchplumb

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone have Fedora Core 3 on their computers? or on your server? If so, can you tell me what you think about it.. Also, can anyone tel me how to get a Fedora Core 3 DVD, I don't want to download it. Also, is it possible to get it for free? I would be willing to give some gmail invites for anybody that could tell me how to get it legally and free, Thanks.

alitchplumb

Reaction score
Ok, you can request other things if you want, but I really want to get a Fedora Core 3 DVD, you know, that one you use to install... I can do a lot, I can't send money thru paypal though, sorry.. Please reply.

Richard

Reaction score
Generaly the only way to get fedora core 3 is to download the iso files from the site http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ or find someone who has already downloaded it and is willing to copy it for you. (You can't buy fedora in the shops) and downloading it is legal (Open Source).

I know there are a few online shops here in SA that sell copies of many linux distros have a look to see if you can find some near you.

try serch for "linux cds" in google searching your country (ie. www.google.co.za [South Africa]) or look for a local LUG (Linux User Group) they can help get you started.

On to fedora its a good system not the easiest for first time use that title belongs to mandrake. I've got a whole network running FC3 at my church and it runs well (all dual boot with XP). If you run into problems there is a load of help on the net. Its a little less stable then Mandrake and the like but you get some of the latest software and its easy to keep it up to date.