Feel free to check out my weather blog

Browntown35

Reaction score
All the coding and images are original except for the weather conditions on the five-day forecast. Styling is done through a CSS sheet and varying div tags. Just a little something to pass the time before I get my meteorology degree next Spring.

http://susqwxblog.x10hosting.com (if the server is up)

Thanks!
Shane/Browtown35

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
The layout is fine and cool color scheme.But i think you have to improve your header, it doesn't really mingle with the background.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
Are the weather images updated dynamically (i see theyre from weather.com, you should put a copyright info on it)

Also, where is the weather located?

And, this may give you some inspirations if you have good knowledge of PHP
5.png

7.png

6.png

^^ Self updating with weather.com

Reaction score
Quite like it.

What could be improved though is putting the 5 day forecast on another page rather than linking straight to an image. Just in my opinion it looks 'tacky' having to press back on the browser to get back onto the website.

Good job.

Browntown35

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I agree with most of it!

As for the weather condition icons, they are definitely not from Weather.com; I found them off Google through a public domain image search.

Also they are not updated dynamically, I just go through Photoshop and edit the psd layers. I know how to get the dynamics to work through action-script, but this isn't Flash.

I think an "about" page would answer a lot of questions as well.

Thanks again everyone!
Shane/Browntown35

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Rating: 8/10

Looks great, the content is exceptional. I would agree that you need to work on your header, add some text to it. I would also try to round the corners of your body layout, it would make it look a little better. Otherwise it looks great, keep it going.

~!Coldfirezz