few ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

aron4588

Reaction score
first of all i would like to know can i use the share ssl:lockd:..........
next i would like to thank u for being the best host
last is there a way to automatically redirect to a site down page when http is down like earlier today:rant2:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Welcome to x10. :)

Towards your first question, that would have to go to Corey ( Our humble chief ) ... he's the one that decides who can use it. Probably need a pretty good reason for it.

On the 2nd, I'm not exactly sure. Maybe one of our nice members or staff can assist.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
simple option would be to have a redirect page on another server and then if it fails to find this server then redirect to an error page.

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
As for your second question, no. If the browser can't connect to the site by using HTTP, then it just fails. It needs to connect to HTTP so it can gather the redirect info before it redirects. So, if HTTP is down, you can redirect to another server. The only way around this is to have an index page on anther server, then check to see if the HTTP port is open. If it is, redirect the user to this server, if not, redirect elsewhere.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They are correct about the redirect, it's not really possible unless you use another server.

Regarding shared SSL, we don't currently offer that. If a lot of people wanted it we could look into getting it.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.