Few questions relating to the hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markforbes130113

Reaction score
I have a few questions I need answering, and can't find out why.

1. Would I be able to get more than just 2 MySQL databases on my account?
Reason; I want to make my website (http://www.markforbes.co.uk) dynamic and want a database purely for that. I then want one for tutorials that I am using where I show people how to do certain things and use a specific database for those tutorials. And finally, I want another database because I'm going to be (eventually) making people log into the website before they can view certain information or downloads.

So really, I need around 3-5 databases so I can keep them all seperate

2. Why is there a 65MB cap on uploads? My friend is a DJ. He produces albums of approx 15-20 songs but the file size is well over the 65MB cap. He wants me to host the files on my website so he can hotlink them, but the cap is stopping me from doing so. Is there a way the upload cap can be upgraded to a higher limit? 65MB is simply not enough. Can this cap be raised?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Let's answer the cap question first: hosting the DJ files would be a violation of the Terms of Service (on more than one count -- you'd probably be violatiing the copyright provisions as well as the file hosting provisions) and would earn you an account suspension. If the occasion should ever arise that you have a legitimate need to upload larger files that is in keeping with the ToS, then you can upload them as split/spanned archives and reassemble them on the server.

As to the database number, no, you only get two MySQL databases with Free Hosting. You would need to move to a paid package (Illuminated or Premium) to get more. Check the plan comparison page for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.