FFMEG not actived how to activate this? Thanks

quick-fix

Reaction score
Hello everyone

how you all doing

i just installed the clipbucket script available in the cpanel and i dont seem to be able to upload videos because the FFMEG encodered not installed

how to i go around to getting these activated

thanks

Quickfix

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you mean "how do I get it installed on my Free Hosting account here at x10Hosting", the answer is "you can't — and they won't". You don't have sufficient access to the system, and the admins keep it disabled for a reason.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What part of "it's not installed, you don't have access to install it, and the staff are not going to install it" are you people having trouble understanding?

The solution is to upgrade to a paid plan that allows you to use the feature; it will probably never be available on Free Hosting because it is used almost exclusively for copyright violation. If you really need to stream, you can always use YouTube or a similar service and link to the video -- but keep in mind that even linking copyright material is a violation of the Terms of Service.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I also want to ask, where was this in the OP's cpanel? I just checked softaculous on Boru and Clipbucket is -not- available for installation.

And yes, to put it as bluntly as we can, ffmpeg will not be added to free hosting. Ever. It's only use would be for clipbucket or youtube clones, neither of which would be allowed in the free hosting TOS, so why bother installing it.

warid17

Reaction score
i think ffmpeg is not enable on free hosting account, you have to buy a premium account, or the other way, you can host ffmpeg from your own computer, by making a host with linux

wifiber

Reaction score
The host has to install FFMPEG and MEncoder on their server, that is not something you can change. As mentioned, I believe the only way to get that from x10hosting would be to buy the premium package.

I doubt there is a free service (like x10hosting) that also has FFMPEG and MEncoder on it.