File Hosting zt. Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy73

Reaction score
I would like to have my account unsuspended. My account is not used strictly for file hosting, it runs the MOTD's for two game servers and the files being hosted are certainly applicable to the site. However, I have uploaded a few unrelated files lately for pictures in a support forum. Let me know what needs fixed and it will be done ASAP. Thanks.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
No,your account is Permanently suspended for violating our TOS.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify:

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

I have bolded the applicable part. You were hosting a FastDL Game File Mirror for your cstrike server; that's not allowed so it got suspended permanently. Thanks for using x10hosting!

bigguy73

Reaction score
Just to clarify:

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

I have bolded the applicable part. You were hosting a FastDL Game File Mirror for your cstrike server; that's not allowed so it got suspended permanently. Thanks for using x10hosting!

Understood, thanks for clarification. If you haven't noticed, I've been using your service for my servers for over three years. Have your TOS changed significantly since then?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Create Date 2010-10-05 03:12:50 <-- that's not 3 years ago (you'dve had to re-agree to the TOS upon new account creation, even though the forum account is from 2007), but the File Hosting section's been part of the TOS since 2005 when I first joined. It's been clarified further to the point of making it clear the game file hosting and mirrors aren't allowed however.

Status
Not open for further replies.