Files erased???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calystos

Reaction score
Okay, so I know that recently theres been some problems with the stoli server and the admin were erasing dead accounts or something but my account is certainly not dead as I frequent it almost daily.

Yet I just went on to my website and it was coming up with major errors. I connected via ftp and LOADS of my files were erased!

Whats going on??? I'm not marked as suspended or anything, and I think nearly my entire site has the required advert thingy on.

So could anyone please inform me as to what the hell is going on???

Thanks.

EDIT: K, so I just checked the account page an noticed that the transfer is going on now so I'm guessing thats why most of my files are missing. At least I hope thats why most are missing as they've been moved to the new server.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Can you check again?
And in cPanel, what's the IP next to "Shared IP Address"

Calystos

Reaction score
cPanel is showing: 74.86.116.188 as Stoli's IP.
Yet when I connected via FTP it was coming up as 216.245.212.210.

Also when I connected via a browser it was coming up with some errors that used to happen on the old system but were fixed the other week.

EDIT: Oh and if I FTP to the 74.86.116.188 IP all my files are indeed still there. So I'm quickly making an updated backup of the lot, :)

Last edited:

Calystos

Reaction score
Please wait until the server move is complete.
Yeah, I thought that may have been whats going on when I read the info about the move going ahead that day. :)

No probs. Lets hope that the new server doesn't have as many probs as the old one, what with the frequent downtime of apache an stuff.

Calystos

Reaction score
Most of it, just getting some security issues now from php stuff. So I've applied for an upgrade in the account management panel.

EDIT: Oh an just noticed that the account management panel is still showing the old IP address for Stoli. Thankfully the cPanel IP is showing the new one though, :) Just thought I better let you know incase you didn't already.

EDIT: Also I just noticed I can no longer upload files I used to be able to, they keep timing out. And having checked cPanel's php info page it seems my filesize has been reduced a bit since the old server. Am guessing its due to the fact that the server move hasn't been finished yet so they still haven't finished sorting out all the moved accounts and put the php modes back to what they were?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.