Files gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm on absolut...all my files are gone. But I reckon it's because the server is down? Is anyone else that is on absolut having this issue? :/

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have all my files on server 'Absolut' and my site is up

Oh great that's not good at all. If I don't have the files and you do, and we're both on absolut then it isn't the server at all...but I never even deleted any of my files...They better not be gone forever :(

Last edited:

rst101

Reaction score
Don't worry I'm on absolut, my site is down but i have my file in cpanel. I suggest you move your stuff somewhere else when you do get access to them, this service is crap.

Even the mods have not contributed to peoples concerns regarding this matter.

rst101

Reaction score
I think you will get access to them eventually, my site is scattered everywhere. Some parts are accessible others not, some not rendering properly, 503 on most, cpanel constant loop.

Great this init.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Before panicking, remember that even though your accounts are on the same server, your files may be on different physical machines in the SAN (storage area network). During the server changeover/config process, it was not uncommon to see the entire SAN become disconnected for brief periods, so it's tempting to think of the SAN as one big drive, but it's actually a whole bunch of disks in a whole bunch of machines, so it's possible for one account to lose connection to its files (or require restoration) while others maintain theirs. And it probably requires physical access to the SAN to fix, so it may take a while.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Before panicking, remember that even though your accounts are on the same server, your files may be on different physical machines in the SAN (storage area network). During the server changeover/config process, it was not uncommon to see the entire SAN become disconnected for brief periods, so it's tempting to think of the SAN as one big drive, but it's actually a whole bunch of disks in a whole bunch of machines, so it's possible for one account to lose connection to its files (or require restoration) while others maintain theirs. And it probably requires physical access to the SAN to fix, so it may take a while.

Thanks! I feel better now :p

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I see plenty of files on your account, although it appears your public_html directory went MIA. That said, you have 3 zips of public_html in your account's root and another copy at tmp/public_html -- are any of those it?

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
those are all backups and they're old....made a lot of changes to files since then. and yeah my public_html directory is missing :(

EDIT: Seems like the public_html went into the tmp folder. but I still get the 404 error even after I move it

EDIT: I can get on now.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
That is very odd, but I'm glad that you were able to get at your files :)

Status
Not open for further replies.