Files Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I have missing files that were there three days beforehand. It almost seems like my entire website was backed up to around December 23, 2008. Any help?

My website is http://adamparkzer.x10hosting.com

Also, files that I deleted a few days ago are now back.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Out of all honesty, I would've done better without that previous post.

athiwatc

Reaction score
Maybe you upload your file when they are restoring!
I am guessing. I don't know how does the backup system of x10 work.

Empyrean

Reaction score
I think they backed up their systems, that's why I lost all forum posts from the 21st to today.

I hope they can fix the issue, cause I had pretty important information, and I couldn't back up the forum with the "Server error" while they were working on the servers.

If not, I think I can live with it, and just manually modify some of it.

shinkelwars

Reaction score
Same here, I have a forum and it looks like it got rolled back by about a week.

If there are any admins listening, is there a possibility for this to be fixed? Or are we just going to have to live with it?

Last edited:

fifaleague

Reaction score
Same thing for me, but I hope it stays as it is now, because I've already done all the fixes, and then some.. I'd hate to do it again, for the second time ;)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I'm glad that I'm not the only one victimized by this, but is there any solution to this problem?

This is pretty depressing, as I'm already browsing around for different web hosts. More often than not, I either get some 403 Forbidden error on my website, get an SSL log-in thing, my website's really slow-loading, or it just plain doesn't work at all.

ethang

Reaction score
I know that the X10 team is currently updating their servers. This is probably why they backed up everything. I too lost about 5 new members and all their posts on my forum. It'
s kinda annoying but can be dealt with. I really doubt it, but, it is a possibility that they may have lost some of the data when they restored their backups. The team has not posted any new info about the the progress, but, I am pretty sure it'll all be restored back to normal when there done!

Oh, is it just me, or, do some other members have "disk space errors" on their account management panel. I suspect it is just part of the server upgrades etc.

chibib0

Reaction score
Me either, I done a lot of maintenance and added some new features of my site..
Anyways, I hope it will be fixed.. I just need to turn off my site temporarily..

masterjake

Reaction score
I've also been ****ed by the error. I just got done building an entire second website yesterday which took hours of tiring work. Now its gone and I was pretty pissed when I found out. But this is one error too many if x10 doesnt fix it Im leaving this host.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Seeing as this post as been up for almost a full 24 hours and not a single administrator has posted about anything regarding this matter at all, it leads me to conclude that they're intentionally ignoring this issue because they can't fix it.

I already switched to NXServe.net. I transferred all my files to the new host. I had an issue with my website yielding a 404 error when I finished transferring, and my issue was addressed and solved within minutes.

The interface for NXServe.net is exactly the same as x10Hosting - they use CPanel 11 as well. I got more storage space from NXServe than I got from x10Hosting, even though I only use a couple megabytes anyway.

Because I have a co.nr domain extension, I can keep the same URL. Everything went smoothly and is working well. Now the only issue is reupdating and recreating all those lost pages. If you ever want to switch, switch to NXServe.net and hit me up with a referral. :D

Last edited:

Empyrean

Reaction score
I asked for support of this in the Support Ticket section. And a staff member told me that they've reported it to an administrator, so I guess because of the weekends, most staff members are still on vacation, so we might have our support throughout this week or when they find the error.

Hopefully that covers the ignoring part.

PS [ Their staff members are fast! I got my answer within minutes. ]

YCadmin

Reaction score
Yea they apparently backed up our sites. In fact i am using Joomla! and when i logged in, i discovered an error that i had 2 weeks ago.

labski

Reaction score
Maybe it depends on which server you're on but the files I had on Cossacks reverted back to approx Dec 23 vintage. The most current files where there as of Dec 27th but now they're history. No big deal but it did throw me for a bit until I figured it out.

Happy Holidays everyone!

ethang

Reaction score
Yeah, Hopefully they'll tell us what happened in a day or so. I'm not going to freak out if everything is lost be cause this is a free host package anyway! I have a very low traffic forum so only a few new members have to re-sign up, but, I know this is not the case for everyone. Up til now, X10 has been real good to me. I wet through over 20 different hosts before x10.

But, one thing I WILL NOT stand for is Cowardice, not admitting they made a mistake etc.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I had a problem with my files : my parked domain hadn't the same file than the subdomain... it mysteriously got fixed about a day or two ago.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
What are you talking about...
No it's not, I still have like 10 pages missing and even more in their older versions.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Please open a ticket on the support section and we'll be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.