Files not uploading correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnthePilot

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm sure this is something simple, but I can't find anything in any similar threads I'm afraid.
My username is hanover, my domain blackpistonsmc.x10hosting.com and I'm using the ad-free version.

I'm in the process of moving my site from space on my ISP's site to here. I've used exactly the same method (ftp) to upload my files but, although everything seems to go OK, the index.html file only contains a .png image that won't even open.

x10air9.jpg

I get the same thing when I go to the website. This is my setup for the ftp transfer:

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
Pilot.

Last edited:

JohnthePilot

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I'm using the ftp facility within Serif WebPlus 10. I'm not an HTML expert and WebPlus allows me to create my pages in a WYSIWYG form and produces the code for uploading. When I make changes to pages, WebPlus will just upload the changes. I'm not sure I'd know how to use another ftp client with the output from WebPlus. What I don't understand is that it works fine when I upload to my ISP.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Where it says folder above, put public_html

-Corey

JohnthePilot

Reaction score
Many thanks Corey. I'd actually moved the files into public_html manually and it didn't work. I've just done it the way you suggested and it works fine. :dunno:
Thanks again,
Pilot.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem please re-open if you need further assistance.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.