Filezilla

cbear

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to upload my website using filezilla.. I created my site in dreamweaver with the home page as index. HTML (all lower case). When I uploaded it to fatcow I was able to see my site however, I clicked on the other tabs it displayed 404.
Can someone please help me? On what I did wrong?
Thank you for your help in advance.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Are we supposed to guess the URL?

Did you upload the pages that the links point to?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's working fine here. I thought I was going to see a case-sensitivity issue, since your other page filenames are capitalised and *nixes (unlike Windows) have case-sensitive file systems (and the vast majority of new web developers/designers do their preliminary work at home on Windows machines oblivious to that fact) but that turns out not to be the case. (In future, though, you'll find it's easier all 'round to use lowercase exclusively; that way you'll never make a case error in HTML or in your back-end code.)

If you uploaded the site one page at a time and there's anything in the pipeline between you and the web server that does prefetching and caching (that can be your browser or servers in your ISPs network), you may be (or may have been) seeing the result of prefetched links to files that hadn't been uploaded yet. If the problem hasn't gone away yet, you might want to clear your browser's cache and history entries for your site. 404s shouldn't be sticky, but if it's the result of an aggressively-caching prefetch proxy in your ISP's network, you may have no choice but to wait it out (caches are usually released in 4-24 hours).

Nor

Reaction score
It works fine from here too....music a bit too loud ;)