Finally Finished TheFreeGamesDB

gameaddict2085

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've finished updating my site (took over a year). Although most of it was backend php coding, I did give it a little touch up design wise.
I'm not very good at designing though so I would appreciate some feedback on what you think, mainly on the logo, title bar and homepage.

Site: tfgdb.com
About: tfgdb.com is a large database of free to play games, no pay games are allowed! Its an open database so anyone can add games to it, edit existing games, review games and add artwork. But its all moderated so its also safe for users to use. Currently at 784 games!

Thanks in advanced for any feedback :)

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, the first thing I would like to talk about is the domain name. Short is good but the name doesn't look good, you should choose something short, catchy and easy to remember, much like a slogan. To people who don't know much about coding and how to make websites the domain name to them would look like a site that could give them a virus. With regards to the logo, you need to add some life to it; it looks dull and boring. Add some colours but I like the background. At first I thought it would be a site where I could play games but instead it turned out to be a site that sends you to other sites to download games. When I click on a game and then click on the link to go the game website or download link, it sends me to that website on the same page; I recommend you edit the code, so when a user clicks on a link, a new tab opens and goes to that certain website, so then the user can still go back to your site easily without having to press back or searching for your website name.

Thank You