Finding Information

Chris

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding information like the TOS, hosting plans, etc. After looking for them several times, which took like twenty minutes each :( (and trust me, I'm not stupid, lol) I think there is a way to better display the information.

Maybe you can, at the index, put a little box that has the TOS, hosting plans, etc. I obviously have found them now, and I think one user has it in their signature, but I think it would be better if you have a little box dedicated to information like what I said.

Thanks,
Alacritous

Rhianna

Reaction score
Easy FAQ

I wrote a FAQ . Please read it; I think most of your questions & other people's questions will be answered therein. I'm open to suggestions on how I could improve my FAQ :)

Chris

Reaction score
I've read that before, just forgot about it. But it doesn't include the site on pcriot where you can buy plans from posting points, which is really hard to find.

Alacritous

Rhianna

Reaction score
alacritous said:
I've read that before, just forgot about it. But it doesn't include the site on pcriot where you can buy plans from posting points, which is really hard to find.

Alacritous

You didn't read too carefully.
My FAQ links to
How to get hosting *READ*
That document explains it.

Chris

Reaction score
rhianna said:
You didn't read too carefully.
My FAQ links to That document explains it.

I'm talking about the shop. You don't have any link to that on your FAQ. Even if it does have some of the information on your FAQ, it would be nice if it displayed important pieces of information near where it says x10Hosting on the index page.

Alacritous

Rhianna

Reaction score
alacritous said:
I'm talking about the shop. You don't have any link to that on your FAQ. Even if it does have some of the information on your FAQ, it would be nice if it displayed important pieces of information near where it says x10Hosting on the index page.

Alacritous

Yes, I do have a link to the Shop in my FAQ:
Where is the PCRiot Tech Talk Shop? What's in the Shop? Does it require bling bling?
No, only forum points are the currency. Take a look:
http://www.pcriot.com/ushop.php?

I also link to Corey's document, How to get hosting *READ*
http://www.pcriot.com/showthread.php?t=450
The very first paragraph states:
There are two ways to get free hosting. One is to post on the forums and accumulate forum points. You can then use these forum points to purchase hosting packages from the store. Every month the amount will be deducted from your points.

Chris

Reaction score
rhianna said:
Yes, I do have a link to the Shop in my FAQ:
My bad. For some reason my eyes told me to do the opposite, not look at the bold, just the links.

alacritous said:
Even if it does have some of the information on your FAQ, it would be nice if it displayed important pieces of information near where it says x10Hosting on the index page.

Alacritous

nicholas

Reaction score
maybe you are just not used to the style of information being organised? just be patient and go through the site thoroughly :)

Chris

Reaction score
nicholas said:
maybe you are just not used to the style of information being organised? just be patient and go through the site thoroughly :)

Oh no, I am organized.

I had already found everything I needed, was just suggesting for others.

Alacritous

nicholas

Reaction score
alacritous said:
Oh no, I am organized.

I had already found everything I needed, was just suggesting for others.

Alacritous

all right... :eek: ...cheers :)