Finding out resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroark

Reaction score
Hello again! ~ Today I was susspended for high system resource usage. I looked all over the boards, in order to find out if there was a way to exactly find out what files or what script is overusing the system resources.

Uhm ... well, I think that's it for now. I'm really trying to find out a way in order to prevent that from happening again, so if you guys could lend me a hand I'd really appreaciate it. Thanks a ton in advance n__n

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're using a forum or content management system that has a lot of plugins or addons, try disabling some and see if that resolves the issue. Some plugins or addons are poorly coded. Thats why it cause High CPU usage.

Edit: I think you are using Wordpress.

List the name of plugins you are currently using..

Last edited:

zeroark

Reaction score
I'm using Wordpress, That's right. This is the list of the current plugins I'm using

- Akismet (The spam blocker that comes with Wordpress)
- All in one SEO Pack (SEO Setup for Wordpress)
- DISQUS Content System (Used to replace the old comment forms with DISQUS based ones)
- Google XML Sitemaps (To generate XML Sitemaps)
- jQuery Colorbox (When you click a thumbnail, the full size image is shown with JQuery commands)
- Ultimate Google Analytics (To integrate Google Analytics with WP)

Apart from Wordpress, I have Mantis Bugtracker Installed, but I don't use it much. I also have MediaWiki, but I just installed it two days ago and haven't even started to use it.

And well, that's all I have installed on my hosting. Thanks again for your quick reply :D

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm using Wordpress, That's right. This is the list of the current plugins I'm using

- Akismet (The spam blocker that comes with Wordpress)
- All in one SEO Pack (SEO Setup for Wordpress)
- DISQUS Content System (Used to replace the old comment forms with DISQUS based ones)
- Google XML Sitemaps (To generate XML Sitemaps)
- jQuery Colorbox (When you click a thumbnail, the full size image is shown with JQuery commands)
- Ultimate Google Analytics (To integrate Google Analytics with WP)

Apart from Wordpress, I have Mantis Bugtracker Installed, but I don't use it much. I also have MediaWiki, but I just installed it two days ago and haven't even started to use it.

And well, that's all I have installed on my hosting. Thanks again for your quick reply :D

check the JQuery ColorBox, Most probably this causes the high resource

you can also check the All in one SEO

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Google XML Sitemaps is the one which is causing this all..

Uncheck these settings...

[unchecked] Write a gzipped file (your filename + .gz)
[unchecked] Rebuild sitemap if you change the content of your blog
[unchecked] Enable manual sitemap building via GET Request [?]
[unchecked] Notify Ask.com about updates of your Blog
[unchecked] Notify YAHOO about updates of your Blog

zeroark

Reaction score
Google XML Sitemaps is the one which is causing this all..

Uncheck these settings...

[unchecked] Write a gzipped file (your filename + .gz)
[unchecked] Rebuild sitemap if you change the content of your blog
[unchecked] Enable manual sitemap building via GET Request [?]
[unchecked] Notify Ask.com about updates of your Blog
[unchecked] Notify YAHOO about updates of your Blog

It's done. And I think that this is the right source of my problem. Because it says

... used 27.25 MB memory
Thanks a lot again! ~ I disabled all the settings you told me. I hope this doesn't happens again n_n ... Again Thanks a lot ><

zeroark

Reaction score
Hey guys! ~ Today I got suspended again! >_< ... And I still don't know the exact source of my problem (Read above to know of my situation)

Earlier today I installed several "Slider" Plugins to my Wordpress account - None worked, so I uninstalled them right away - and the only thing I installed afterwards was "LinkWithin" plugin. I was making an entry for my blog and when I finished uploading an image ... Poof, hosting suspended >_<

The changes I stated above are the only changes I made since yesterday. So .. I really don't know what's consuming that much resources. Anybody from staff can direct me to the exact source of my problem? I'm really scared of getting into my third warning >_<

Thanks a lot in advance n_n

EDIT: Just as a prevention, I disabled all but the DISQUS and Google Analytics plugin. Since I really don't want another warning. So ... I'll wait for your help n_n

Last edited:

danprobo

Reaction score
Maybe you should change the software to Drupal, believe me that you will not find a high CPU usage because a plug-in etc :)

zeroark

Reaction score
I used to use drupal, but it was really hard (At least for me) to trying to make it look nice. That's why i changed to Wordpress.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
What uploader are you using and how big was the image file.
What plugins are currently left on?

zeroark

Reaction score
What uploader are you using and how big was the image file.
What plugins are currently left on?

Image uploading file: 250 kbps aprox.

Right now I disabled all my plugins, except DISQUS Comment System and Ultimate Google Analytics.

Status
Not open for further replies.