Firefox 3 or Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2

• Firefox 3

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

deathdroid

Reaction score
Im not sure weather to stick with the current browser im using which is Firefox 3 or go to the new Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2.

What would you choose?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I have always prefered FF over any IE.
However, I use IE, Safari and Opera for cross-browser check.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
FF3.. I beta tested IE7 way back when and I hated it, so there's no reason for me to like IE8 betas..

Sticking to FF3, leaving IE6 alone, and welcoming Chrome

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm using Firefox 3 right now, but I'm not bothered to try installing Internet Explorer 8 Beta. I hear IE8 has some new features that make it a bit better, but I'm sticking with Firefox until IE8 is fully released, as you can't compare a final product to something still in Beta.

crezt08

Reaction score
I've been using FF3. But recently, I've been heard Chrome Browser from Google. Anyone've been trying Chrome?;)

peejay

Reaction score
Firefox has been causing me problems of late (since the upgrade to version 3) with crashing for no obvious reason (which I am not alone in), so I also have SeaMonkey installed as a backup browser (which is also Mozilla based.) Personally, the less Micro$haft bloat I have installed on my system, the happier I am (unfortunately, my hobby of writing games in my chosen languages has made Windoze a necessary evil)

steronius

Reaction score
8 beta 2 crashes on me and i always have to press the compatibility button for iGoogle. FF3!!!

pamco7

Reaction score
FF3 for sure but then I hate IE with a passion, as a matter of fact, I avoid MS stuff wherever I could but can't do without dual booting my comp with SUSE.

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Google Chrome beats the both of them. By version 0.5 it will be amazing, there are just a few little things that need 'tidying up' at the moment, but I like it more than Firefox 3 and IE7 or 8. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Alex

REBEL21

Reaction score
I use opera 8, its very good for email and tabbed browsing even better for downloading info as you can pause and resume the download when ever you like!

www.jamiesrebellion.exofire.net

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Google Chrome was awful. Try installing plugins and applets,etc. It doesn't register as its own browser yet(shows as safari with gecko engine, etc.). So while it is somewhat appealing and new, it isn't anything to get hyped over.

I think this poll was a bit unfair. I prefer IE7 over Firefox 3. Not to say FF3 is bad. I like it, I just am not a big fan. I honestly prefer Opera over FF. IE8(the beta) is horrible. So this wasn't much of a fair poll. It's like putting AOL Explorer in a poll. I mean, c'mon, the browser is obviously crap.

Hopefully though, IE8 will not be this bad when it comes out of beta. Otherwise I'll be making a complete switch to Opera as my default.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Sup3rkirby, in regards to chrome, it is in first beta stage, what can you really expect? Once chrome gains some popularity, I'm sure the plug ins will start rolling in, Don't get why anyone NEEDS plug ins anyway.
As for F3/IE8b2 i would definitely choose IE8 for the main fact it's smaller. FF3 takes too much ram for my liking, considering my computer is limited at the moment, and I run a lot at once. Once chrome.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
does anyone really use the ram-sucking IE anymore ? (7+)

I know a lot of people that use IE7 as their browser. The thing is, IE doesn't start sucking up a lot of RAM until you've used it and have had it open for over an hour and loaded a lot of stuff up. It's stupid as to why it does that, some sort of cache memory leak when yet IE has to reload things every 2 minutes basically.

Amaethon

Reaction score
FF3 hands down. By the time MS finishes with IE8 it will suffer from massive software bloat and require 3 gigs of ram and a quad core to load it...
Edit:
I know a lot of people that use IE7 as their browser. The thing is, IE doesn't start sucking up a lot of RAM until you've used it and have had it open for over an hour and loaded a lot of stuff up. It's stupid as to why it does that, some sort of cache memory leak when yet IE has to reload things every 2 minutes basically.

You'll also find that most people who use IE are people who don't know there is an alternative. MS has everyone who is computer illiterate and those who just care that it does something similar to what it is supposed to. For those that care about performance and what else is out there, they change pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
NOTHING beats Firefox! most people wouldn't survive without their cool addons and themes anyway.

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
NOTHING beats Firefox! most people wouldn't survive without their cool addons and themes anyway.

I don't agree, it just clogs everything up. All I want is a browser... to browse the web. Dont want any 'cool addons'. Thats why I find Google chrome perfect, its plain and simple. Nothing that you dont need, just a fast web browser. And you do have to remember that it's still in beta.

Alex

Nathan H

Reaction score
I use ie8 and google chrome, I refuse to use firefox for one main reason, I see notices everywhere telling me to get it, if it was good enough it wouldn't need so many notices bugging people to get it.