Firefox 4 is released!

chanh.ong25

Reaction score
I has been using FF 4 beta for sometime and it is good except that many of my favorite add-ons are not compatible with the beta so I only use it for testing but Firefox 4 is now release and all my add-ons that I care about are available have new update for the new version.

It has all the feature of the modern browser and has all the add-ons that I have been using which still work great for web development.

Have your tried the Firefox 4 yet?

Thanks

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I've always used Firefox up until Chrome came out, I've always liked how Chrome was laid out and now that Firefox 4 is now stable I have switched back over to it.

One of my new favorite features is the Tabs configuration, if I start typing a URL into the address bar and it's already open it will allow me to link to the old TAB and use that instead of creating a new one...and I have a big problem doing that.

Overall speed and optimization are good, but as I start to put it to it's tasks the next few weeks we'll see how it holds up. Just checking it does seem to use some memory.

2011-03-29_2304.png

chanh.ong25

Reaction score
something is wrong with your firefox install mine is using only less than 190M. I don't like Chrome due to it not use the original Google Bookmark but something else to hold the bookmark which make no sense to me at all.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
All I can say now is- I'm adapting myself to new FF4.

@ chanh.ong25

that's due to lots of tabs !

paint2010

Reaction score
Firefox 4 beta for the win. I love Firefox and it's great to see it grow and improve each day. My signature says enough. :p

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Firefox 4 is a great update. My favorite new features is the tab grouping. I usually open too many tabs and being able to group them keeps the clutter away and helps me stay focused.

I've been using Firefox 4 since Beta 1 last summer and I found a noticable performance improvement from Firefox 3.6.

paint2010

Reaction score
Firefox 4 is a great update. My favorite new features is the tab grouping. I usually open too many tabs and being able to group them keeps the clutter away and helps me stay focused.

I've been using Firefox 4 since Beta 1 last summer and I found a noticable performance improvement from Firefox 3.6.

Agreed. I love the option to switch the tab bar's position and the new sync option just screams Google Chrome. But regardless, it's amazing. Performance and memory have improved greatly.

I never heard about the tab grouping. You learn something new every day. I can't wait to get on my laptop and try it out.

Last edited:

dhawer79

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I didn't know there was Firefox 4 final version yet

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I didn't know there was Firefox 4 final version yet
Firefox 4 RC is released.As you know that there cannot be a final version for a software until the maker says in specific that no updated versions will be provided any further.
Dear Brandon,
Hi,
And Regarding memory usage,I observed that if the number of tabs is more than 5 ,my pc showed similar high memory resource usage even if all tabs opened a same Google search page.
Strange...

Regs,
VVBB

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
People !

Firefox 4 RTM or Final or Gold or whatever is out !

Why all these RC and beta talks still going on in here ?

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Firefox 4 RC is released.As you know that there cannot be a final version for a software until the maker says in specific that no updated versions will be provided any further.
Dear Brandon,
Hi,
And Regarding memory usage,I observed that if the number of tabs is more than 5 ,my pc showed similar high memory resource usage even if all tabs opened a same Google search page.
Strange...

Regs,
VVBB

Ah thanks. I usually have like 50 open, that could explain it ;)

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
What are the specs of your computer, and what are you trying to do?

entityx47

Reaction score
w00t w00t, love Firefox, #1 browser

Web Designer Certified :)

Love these forums, first time checking them out

goelm2072

Reaction score
Is it just my computer or does Firefox usage goes up to 300MB after some time?

conzone

Reaction score
I have found my bookmarks are slower, but that's coz I'm too lazy to sort them out...

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@goelm2072
Is it just my computer or does Firefox usage goes up to 300MB after some time?

It can be due to one of the following reasons:
1.Lots of tabs opened simultaneously ,especially with flash-content websites like youtube.
2.Some plugins not working properly.(for example Memory error for downloading plugins)
3.Very large history with insufficient ram.
4.Large Cache with slow hard drive
5.Some antivirus/antispyware scanning your firefox process in real-time mode.
6.Some spyware(tracking code)/infected-executable file(it won't in .exe format) is in your cache.

And, don't worrying as long as the system and firefox are stable.

I usually have Memory Usage for firefox around 498000K to 811000K.