FireFox accessing the net Only by bookmarks.

v4xde

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am using FireFox for browsing the net with my old PC. My new PC however, cannot access the webpages if I just type the URL. But, it can access the webpages that are bookmarked.

For example, I have google bookmarked, and if I press on its bookmark than the browser goes to google. But, if I type google on the address bar, than nothing appear, doesn't even show that its reading.

What could it be?

Thanks in advance.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score

v4xde

Reaction score
Hi Yang, Thanks for the tips.

I have tried all, including the ones that are in mozilla support, and nothing.

Until I remember that could be the Firewall, so I disable for a few seconds the firewall, and voila, it works.

But, I do not want without firewall, so any clues on that?

I have tried to able in/out bound Allow, rules allowing all in forefox, allow firefox to access the net, and finally trust firefox.

Nothing works, but it has to have something.

I also noticed that only some bookmarked sites work, not all.

Thanks, v

stardom

Reaction score
Sounds like you just need to use windows built in firewall and get rid of any third party firewalls. Like "ZoneAlarm" or "Armor2net" or "Ashampoo". Also have you tried using another browser. Chrome or IE? Have you tried uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just a quick question, does Internet Explorer show the same problem? If it does, I would look more at the system's connection settings (regarding the Proxy Server settings), especially if you were recently infected by Malware.