First impressions

moiety

Reaction score
Just introducing myself- I signed up today and it all looks quite impressive so far. Amazing variety of toys for the price (!) and the bandwidth and diskspace are good too.

I opted for the ad-free package bacause I can't have ads above the fold without wrecking my site. Might I suggest a halfway house option of a discreet text link at the bottom of the page? Something to consider for the future, maybe, or not worth the time adding the extra package? Speaking personally, I would have gone for a discreet text link at the bottom, and x10 would have got some extra pimping. I might bung one or two in anyway, just for payback.

Thanks for providing the service.

Oh yes, the signup information is a little scattered. Has there been a recent/current upgrade and the website hasn't quite caught up? It's a little confusing, but nothing that a wander through the forums can't solve.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks,

No, we have had the same design for a bit now on the sign up.

moiety

Reaction score
I'd also like to add that the speed and the toys are both superior to the paid hosting that I've just left. Once again, thanks very much for your time and risk in providing this service.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a lonnngggg list of things to do, one making some things more user friendly. Since it is a free host and no one, not even me has made any money off of it we all have jobs and such so the time we can spend on it is limited for now :).

moiety

Reaction score
I wasn't criticising...just relaying first impressions. Sometimes fresh eyes see what you've been stepping around for so long that you don't see it anymore. My house is definitely like that. I'm frantically busy at the moment, trying to complete my site before the paper comes out (later today!!), but maybe next week or over the weekend I can precis the signup procedure a bit for you. Being in the ad-free freeloader class, I'd like to contribute a bit if I can.
Bits I never found:
1) Is there a page where users can check if their accounts are linked?
2) Does the server wait time still apply and where do you check it?
3) I couldn't find examples of the ads in action

Last edited: