Fixed shared IP question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudwhe

Reaction score
Greetings Admins,

First, thank you for having this awesome free service.

There is a lot of thread on this forum and I'm having problem searching. I apologize.

I would like to ask if this shared IP that I found in the Cpanel is fixed. I have this scenario; I have use cloudflare as DNS server so SSL configuration will be automatic.

I added an A record to cloudflare e.g goodsub.domain.com and point it to shared IP that I found on my x10hosting cpanel. It went well.

My question is:

1. Is this shared IP that is on my account will be fixed or locked on my account? It would be annoying if this change from time to time, meaning I need to update my cloudflare's A records IP address to the new assign one.

I'm doing this for some purpose listed below.

1. Hide x10hosting server to the world since I hear a lot about DDoS. :)

2. Automatic SSL configuration and web cache to minimize request of resources such as stylesheets and javascripts on x10hosting servers ( minimize stress on x10hosting server). :)

3. Save bandwidth. :)

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The shared IP listed in cPanel should only change in very extreme circumstances (server failure/account migrations); that having been said they haven't changed for several years, and in any situation where the shared IP would change, there would be a News/Announcement post made in the relevant forum advising of it (in advance, when possible).

TLDR is that it's as close to fixed as possible, barring the usual "Act of God" stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.