Flash games with Mochi Coins and Facebook

jhaybz29

Reaction score
Hello everyone Jhay here, does anyone ever tried to make a flash game with the monchi ads "mochi coin" ( look here for more info http://www.mochimedia.com/developers/coins.html) then plug it in to facebook for their viral posting? I mean that would be a great idea, Ive been planning for a mini game for weeks now and I think it would take for about a month and a half to finish, I've also thought that it would be great to use x10hosting's free PHP and MySQL for the back end of the game. if anyone thinks its a great idea or if anyone already tried this pls post in a feed back or some tips to make a game "sell" or if this idea would even make money.

remyoman

Reaction score
I am making a few simple games via MochiAds, I primarily use Flash CS4 for developing and so far they are a bit sucky, but I am learning and will be making more and better games later on. It is a good idea too use MochiAds since they support developers, also try Kongregate if you are making games based on Flash.
Good luck to you!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanna jump in; I'm not sure x10 would be the best place to host the backend for games like that, particularly if they got popular in a hurry. The sheer number of people hitting the account with updates and requests could trip the High Resource Usage suspension system; the popular ones from the Zynga company (Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc) all run off their own servers, and even then you still see notices at the top that warn about connection problems when they're getting hit hard.

That being said, the rest of it isn't a bad idea, and x10's servers would probably work for a bit, until it gets too heavy for a shared server provider to handle. Just have a backup plan in mind in case it does trip HRU; I'm not 100% sure even Paid hosting would be enough depending on how heavy it is on sending data back and forth.

jhaybz29

Reaction score
Just wanna jump in; I'm not sure x10 would be the best place to host the backend for games like that, particularly if they got popular in a hurry. The sheer number of people hitting the account with updates and requests could trip the High Resource Usage suspension system; the popular ones from the Zynga company (Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc) all run off their own servers, and even then you still see notices at the top that warn about connection problems when they're getting hit hard.

That being said, the rest of it isn't a bad idea, and x10's servers would probably work for a bit, until it gets too heavy for a shared server provider to handle. Just have a backup plan in mind in case it does trip HRU; I'm not 100% sure even Paid hosting would be enough depending on how heavy it is on sending data back and forth.

that is a critical point, completely overlooked that part, thanks much on reminding, well maybe I'll be doing adver- games then, just like remyoman said, and when Im earning enough and learned a lot maybe I'll go set up my own backend, well for now I'll be using the free x10hosting for learning purposes and maybe get paid account when I get to earn something from my games, again thanks much for the help appreciated it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
that is a critical point, completely overlooked that part, thanks much on reminding, well maybe I'll be doing adver- games then, just like remyoman said, and when Im earning enough and learned a lot maybe I'll go set up my own backend, well for now I'll be using the free x10hosting for learning purposes and maybe get paid account when I get to earn something from my games, again thanks much for the help appreciated it.

I should add though that it probably is strong enough to do something like a high-score table, or even a game if you optimize it so it doesn't hit the database dozens of times a game. Could work for a save-game sort of thing too, where you get to the save point and it does 1 hit to the x10 system with a bigger chunk of data to save it, but it's not gunna cripple it by hitting it dozens of times.

Just an addon; I thought about it overnight and it could probably stand -that- kind of system fairly well. Just not one where every time I plant a crop in my field of 144 squares, it hits the database for 3 queries - one to pick the old crop, one to plow the tile, and one to plant :)