flash hosting not allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NINJ4

Reaction score
I'm trying to embed a flash file inside an html document on my x10 account (I have spent some time creating a flash site), but I am unable to for some reason. Everything works fine so long as all the files are offline, but as soon as they are uploaded, the flash fails to load in the html page. Are Free Hosting members not allowed to embed flash files in html documents, or is there some other problem at work here?:dunno:

I would greatly appreciate any answers,
TIA

Sheepoholics

Reaction score
When you test files locally they don't have to transfer very little information because the iles are right there. Where as when there on a server the have to transfer from the server to your computer so a large flash file will take a while to load. So if you designed an entire flash site without preloaders or the like it will take forever to load.

Chris Z

Reaction score
i don't know why that doesn't work, but i'm pretty sure that there is no restrictions on flash file, i'm not soo sure abuot it but i'm thinking there's something wrong on your side, you wanna give us a url so we can test it?

NINJ4

Reaction score
projectblue.exofire.net is my site, and there are preloaders and all that good stuff, I can load the file directly from /flash/main3.swf, but not from embedded code in /index_flash.html. Any help is always welcome,
TIA

kryptonyte

Reaction score
Find and replace twice:
Code:
flash\main3.swf

with

Code:
flash/main3.swf

Basically just switch the forward slash with a back slash. ;)

NINJ4

Reaction score
Ahhhh... Lol! Thanks very much, kryp, odd the stupid little things that slip by...
Thanks again :biggthump

swirly

Reaction score
looks like a pretty nice site. just needs a little bit larger text :)

kryptonyte

Reaction score
No problem. Linux is picky about paths and URLs using / instead of \.

Status
Not open for further replies.