flash or html

bnaylor

Reaction score
i know this is sort of the wrong place to post this but i couldnt find a better place to put this.

I am in the process of redesigning my website. Its mainly a portfolio about me showing the websites i have made and some work i have done with a bit about myself.

I am wondering what people generally like to see more on the web for this kind of site. html/css or flash?

Let me know

thanx
:)

sumitmehta

Reaction score
Hye

It's good to know that you have decided to redesign your website.

Well, html/css is the traditional way of making a website. I can say this at least for html as CSS has emerged in a last few years only. Flash animations are good to see and most users get fascinated by watching them. But there are some pros and cons of both.

If you are concerned about the fact that your site is reachable through search engines, then you should design it in html and css. But if there is no such requirement, then you can go for a flash based website.

I would suggest you to have both the versions as people with low download speed don't like flash websites that much. Give them the choice to select.

I implemented my site a couple of years ago using the combination of flash and html. I used html for basic content and page layout and used flash for navigation bars and buttons.

I hope this information helps.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Well Flash looks much better but HTML has it's points plus it loads faster, just choose the option that's best for your needs. I would choose Flash though as i go for looks plus my site isn't that big so it loads much faster than normal website :).

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I think you should stay with HTML and have a few Flash applets here and there.

Flash does not work on some peoples computer, and that would mean they would have trouble using your site.

Also like sohailamir52 said; HTML is faster.

iholla

Reaction score
html obviously is better.

flash delivers attractive websites but at the cost of size and plugins. i use flash for advert banners i want users to see even when they disable images but that means unless they have a flash player plugin installed then they cannot view my image.

for the site to be professional, you have to code in uploaders with your flash images, banners but then again the download time might discourage potential visitors.

its a balance thing i guess.

Last edited:

satheesh

Reaction score
My opinion is Flash Only.

Now All Thing Possible:
1.Add your Flash website to SEO.
2.Enable Browser Back for your Flash Website.
3.You can Reduce your Size of Swf File.-->http://www.show-kit.com/flash-optimizer/

If you think this helped you means give some rep.

KentonBomb

Reaction score
I disapprove of all-flash websites entirely.

For one, with HTML you can virtually guarentee that your web pages will be visable to all modern browsers. Some people don't have Flash installed. This means you flop for those people.

I like people who do a totally flash website, but then have an HTML mirror. That doesn't bother me as much.

bnaylor

Reaction score
UPDATE:

http://braedennaylor.co.cc/

i decided this morning i would do html first. take a look and tell me what you think. thats just the look i haven't put any content in. Only took an hour :)

FalseHope

Reaction score
It looks pretty good. As for the main question, I would go with HTML.