Flash Question??

krystale

Reaction score
When you want a swf on your site do you have to do anything special? I am asking b/c I am taking classes for web design and I inserted a swf in dreamweaver and when I go to the web address it doesn't show up. Is there an extra step that I need to take?

Thanks in advance!!

eboyer

Reaction score
What did you put in the flash file? Also do you have the latest version of flash on your computer?

piroparanormal

Reaction score
Same problem here, SWF content will not play. I've tried Opera browser, and IE browser. The SWF files I have uploaded contain video, sound files. I've installed/re-installed the flash plugin.

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
did you place the swf along with the html file, and make sure the link is correct?

piroparanormal

Reaction score
For my site, in the HTML I specified the filename.swf without specifying the entire URL. The filename.swf is located in the root of the public_html directory. I've also tried accessing "http://www.<site>.<domain>/filename.swf" without luck either. Upon connecting to the site, I do see a black box outlining where the SWF would show.

Please advise. Thanks for the responses.

Last edited:

mattura

Reaction score
please post a link to your swf and the page you want it on so we can take a look

piroparanormal

Reaction score
I thought I may have done something with FTP that corrupted the file, so I re-uploaded the swf file, and that still didn't work. With the File Manager, I was able to do a show file, and it was able to render. So I refreshed and it was displaying.

I believe I had uploaded in Ascii, which probably caused my problems.

Last edited: