flight simulator

naikon

Reaction score
anyone play microsoft flight simulator x its very fun maybe we could play togeater

obros

Reaction score
I have heard about it, but I haven't played it at all. I'm still waiting for Ace Combat 7 to come back to Playstation :biggrin: 6 going to XBox exclusive was an unexpected downer for me.

xPlozion

Reaction score
i heard that flight simulator's division had been binned by ms. i've never played it, but to see what i've always thought of as a great simulator to be cancelled was a bummer...

hopefully someone can pickup production on it in the future...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
i heard that flight simulator's division had been binned by ms. i've never played it, but to see what i've always thought of as a great simulator to be cancelled was a bummer...

hopefully someone can pickup production on it in the future...

I actually hope they let it sit for a few years. Each one gets more detailed than the last, which means the mods people expect for the game ALSO must be more detailed than the ones for the previous version.

The problem is they keep making a new one every 2-5 years, so the modders just get comfortable making mods for FS2004 and FSX comes along, doing things differently, and they get to start over.

Now? Now we're stuck with FSX, which is a damn fine game. But being stuck with it means the modders can actually get comfortable with it, and start churning out buckets of awesome for it without having to feel like the effort they're doing will be useless when FS XI comes out, if only because XI'll be a ways in the future :)

stunna

Reaction score
True. Imagine how detailed FSXI will be man. Probably with even have ground crews.

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
Its online now? I havent played in years. Back when I was like 9 years old I played a really old version with bad graphics and me and my mates would like set up chairs and like reenact documentary's we saw on TV about plane crashes or we would be serious haha.

freenetter

Reaction score
Absolutely love it - bought it in 2007 and play it often on Vista with DirectX 10 :D, really improves the graphics over running it using Windows XP and DirectX 9.

Unfortunately, now that ACES Studios, the company who developed the game, has been closed down, the future of Flight Sim looks fairly uncertain.

Energritz

Reaction score
Ive only played a demo of X, seemed very nice, then my pc crashed and died ( old pc ), then i lost it, but i remeber that i had a older version of flight sim , flight sim 95 lol

TBLAZE

Reaction score
Oh man, Flight sim was/is so much fun, I do hope they keep it going, its what sent me on my inspiration to become a pilot

Hoobrum

Reaction score
yea i think i played it - very fun hard to fly but also uses a lot of memory so you need super super fast computer.