Football Or Rugby

socialnu2

Reaction score
Football or Rugby?
Which sport is better?
Which sport is more famous?
Which sport is popular in your neighbourhood?

First let me clarify a few things to some people who might not understand which terms are which.
Number one, when i say "Football", i mean "Soccer" the game with a round ball and where your foot is used.
Also when i say "Rugby" i mean the game where you use a oval shaped ball and use your hands to catch, throw etc the ball.
Now that that's out of the way, we can move onto the real discussion.

Football is the most popular sport in the world, so quite frankly, its pretty simple and very complex at the same time.

Rugby in my opinion is Brain dead "idiots" running, sort of like a game of bullrush when they're running into a brickwall.
However you are entitled to have your own opinion, no matter how silly it may be. :tongue:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I always thought Rugby was more popular than football, since I believe football was made in the USA. But otherwise, I'm a football person. All of my neighbors like Football as well.

Dan

Reaction score
since I believe football was made in the USA.
I'm pretty sure that Football/soccer actually originated in England.

I think that Rugby is better, my main reason is that I am better at it than football and also, when has their ever been rugby players in the news after fouling someone really badly?

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
I'm more a fan of Rugby...other than boxing, it's the only sport where people lose ears.

The actual game of football has been around for thousands of years, and there is no clear point of origin. The game was being played all over the world at roughly the same time. Today, it's the most popular game world wide.

socialnu2

Reaction score
Football was actually played in china, whilst kicking around peoples heads.
And thats were it very first originated from, the english just built, a lot, on the idea of it.
And america couldn't have founded football, seeing as they've only been around a couple hundred years.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I understand that by football you mean the American soccer, but by rugby, do you mean the American football?

socialnu2

Reaction score
Ah, yes this wasn't clear. No i mean Rugby League/Union.
If that helps?
Sorry for not clarifying what i meant by rugby.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
Football was actually played in china, whilst kicking around peoples heads.
And thats were it very first originated from, the english just built, a lot, on the idea of it.
And america couldn't have founded football, seeing as they've only been around a couple hundred years.

Yes, but at the same time that China was kicking around other people's heads, other countries were playing football like games using bladders.

Rugby is Rugby, Football is Football, and then there is American Football which is kind of the bastard child of both.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
Yes, but at the same time that China was kicking around other people's heads, other countries were playing football like games using bladders.

Rugby is Rugby, Football is Football, and then there is American Football which is kind of the bastard child of both.

LOL...

I prefer football, but it's very biased on my part. My parents are Italian so I kind of grew up into football, I really don't pay much attention to rugby, but it's hilarious to watch. I don't take it seriously at all like I do with soccer, and soccer is more entertaining to watch for ME because it's so popular, I have a lot of debates and fun times with friends.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
See, both sports are popular in NZ. I enjoy rugby more because of the human pyramids and the violence.

intertec

Reaction score
Football forever. Big fanatic. You can see in my avatar it says "You'll Never Walk Alone". That's the slogan of my favorite team Liverpool who play in the Barclay's Premier League (England :p).

masteraa

Reaction score
Football or Rugby? Rugby
Which sport is better? Football
Which sport is more famous? Football
Which sport is popular in your neighbourhood? Football

Football scores too little... but its more famous... I hate having to watch an entire game only to watch people score once...

And rugby is more intreting to watch imo.

Last edited by a moderator: