For Admin: requesting SSL and starter upgrade

serennau22

Reaction score
Hello admin! I've just paid for the starter upgrade, so please could you mark it? Also, if you could also activate the SSL thingummy as well that would be great! I now have a link to the SSL certificates widget but it reads "SSL is currently disabled for this domain". Thank you so much!

Also, for some reason, I cannot add any new domains. My dashboard reads "domain adding is disabled". What is going on there?

Last edited:

serennau22

Reaction score
Yep, that's what I was doing. But it still reads "domain adding disabled". Yet I have only the default domain and I should be able to add 4 more.

serennau22

Reaction score
Well now there's a thing. I've been able to add a domain, but not via the hosting control panel. There is a place in the "services" section where you can add domains. And that worked! So not through the account manager at all!

ctyrd

Reaction score
Well now there's a thing. I've been able to add a domain, but not via the hosting control panel. There is a place in the "services" section where you can add domains. And that worked! So not through the account manager at all!
hold my hand and walk me through installing an SSL certificate?
Yes add domains here: https://x10hosting.com/login which is the "account panel", not here: https://x14.x10hosting.com:2222 which will log you into the Hosting control panel directly.

Once Secure SSL is activated for your account, then you can enable it for your domain, and add a certificate in the hosting control panel.

Last edited:

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As replied to before you should see this enabled by switching domains at the top of your directadmin.

serennau22

Reaction score
Sorry, it did work for my .com domain, but not for the default domain, azuline.x10.mx. Is that because it's really a subdomain and not a domain?

ctyrd

Reaction score
but not for the default domain,
How attached are you to the default domain! (azuline.x10.mx)? You could try setting the .com (tld) to the default domain here: https://x10hosting.com/login (the account panel services section). Be advised that you will loose azuline.x10.mx. At least for a time. All files and folders will be removed. You should be able to add it back. Then Secure SSL should be active for azuline.x10.mx.

I was able to do this with my sign up default domain ctyrd.x10.mx. Later found no reason to use the free domain and removed it completely. Leaving the extra domains for subdomains from my registered top level domain.

Last edited:

serennau22

Reaction score
That's a good idea, I'll try it. I don't mind purrfectionate.com being the default domain instead. Thanks!

It worked!

Last edited: