FOR THE LAST TIME, i need my site back up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodjs

Reaction score
My Site Methodsjs.com has been down since August 31st. THAT IS OVER A MONTH.

THIS IS JUST SAD! I CAN'T ACCESS THE cPanel SO MY SITE IS DOWN AS WELL.

I just need a member to add me to the cPanel database. But noone seems to do this for me.

DID YOU LOSE ALL MY FILES!?!??

*shake my head*

I'm on the level server and the issue is that my account isn't in the cPanel database so I can't get in it.

My Sub-Domain is methods.x10.mx.

PLEASE HELP. You guys have some REALLY bad support and might want to hire some more reliable people. Because I've been asking for a fix for over a month on both tickets and the forum

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
Did your account become inactive? If so, then it is long gone. I'm not sure what you mean by add you to the cPanel database, because that's not how it works.

methodjs

Reaction score
No, its not inactive.

Yes they can add it as far as I know.

One of the employees on another post said that on the "level" server for some reason a lot of people we're not added to the database so noone could login. They said they still have our files and to open a ticket and they would gladly add us. But I was never added.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
All (or most) of the people helping with free hosting support are volunteers, meaning that response times may vary quite drastically (you get what you pay for as far as support goes, and since you aren't paying anything, don't expect top-notch service with 1 hour response times). The new community support is meant as an avenue for you guys to first assist each other before a volunteer needs to actually investigate the issue. Upon investigating this myself, it appears that it will actually require one of the admins in order to solve your issue. I have alerted them about this issue and it should hopefully be resolved within the next day or two.

methodjs

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for the reply and help. I was just a little frustrated earlier and I know that I have a free account so I shouldn't expect perfect support.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Your site has been restored, however there were some tables that did not get restored yet in the database backup we had (but it seems your site still loads fine -- the tables that did not get fully restored are "comments", "postes", and "voted". I am still working on restoring these but since they are InnoDB the process is a bit trickier). To access your cpanel, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Log out of your account portal. This step is important so do not skip it. Your account portal is at https://x10hosting.com/portal if you aren't aware.
2. Log back into your account portal.
3. Wait 2 minutes.
4. Click the blue access cpanel button.

That should log you into cpanel. In the future you can use that blue button or log in yourself with your cpanel username/password, but logging in with your cpanel username/password will not work until you complete the above 4 steps.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
UPDATE: Your database (including all InnoDB tables) has been fully restored. I believe that is the last of everything, but you should probably log onto cPanel and verify that everything is indeed in order.

vslatsch

Reaction score
hi. i've had the same problem. my site (vslatschau.x10.mx) has been down for weeks now and i can't access cpanel. i can log in to the account portal but after clicking the access cpanel button i get a new login screen. would be incredibly happy if this can be solved sometime soon!

thanks

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
OK, I'll add your account to my to-do list. I think I'm going to set up something where people with this problem can go to a site and type in their username and if it is the issue that I'm fixing it'll add it to a queue so that we don't need to dig through a bunch of support threads to find everyone with issues (since there are a lot)

tixilite

Reaction score
The tables in my databases have disappeared as well and my site has been down since August 27. I've sent a bunch of tickets and a community support question to no avail. I really need my databases back.

Thanks.

bigam

Reaction score
Hi Ryan.

As you know, many of us are in this same situation. You appear to be the only x10 support guy who is even addressing these problems. Can you give us an update on what the problem is, how long before it is corrected, and most importantly- how can all of us access our C-Panels to backup our files and transfer them to a working server while the x10 problems are being sorted out.

Please give us something, as the crickets seem to be getting louder by the minute.

Thanks, man.

methodjs

Reaction score
Hi Ryan,

I followed the steps but I still can't get it.

When I waited the 2 minutes I went to different tabs. Was that bad?

Is it too late to redo it?

genesisf

Reaction score
Yeah my site is down to (genesisfilms.x10.mx) it hasn't been down as long as them probably a good two weeks.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah my site is down to (genesisfilms.x10.mx) it hasn't been down as long as them probably a good two weeks.

Your site is not down, although you may not have access to it directly. It seems that some ISPs have decided to block access to one or more of x10Hosting's servers (they'll have their own reasons; it may be an abusive account on the server that has since been suspended). You can check for yourself by using DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com. The particular URL for your site would be http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/genesisfilms.x10.mx -- I've left the bare URL so you'll know I'm not pulling a fast one. If it's your ISP blocking you, you can use a proxy server to access your site. I know that won't help others using the same ISP, so it won't solve your problem directly, but it's probably your ISP that's to blame here.

genesisf

Reaction score
Thank you, I can see my site but I still can't get to my cpanel. Would I be able to access it from another connection?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.