For your consideration...

dewolfor

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've created a very basic HTML site, which I would appreciate your feedback on. It is my intent to get more elaborate in the future with it, utilizing ASP.NET and MS Visual Web Developer. For you consideration:

http://bhgojuryu.x10hosting.com/

Thanks in advance, all!

Doug

tittat

Reaction score
Nice start dewolfor, but your index.html page looks like a brochure rather than a web page. And also better opt for having top navigation rather than using bottom one.
Good Luck :)

marasm

Reaction score
Hi dewolfor,

I think you should add a little bit space between the web parts.

You should reconsider using background images or even gradients instead of tables with funny borders.

Invest some work in links design and hovers.

Anyway, good start - keep on going.
Cheers,
Maras

dewolfor

Reaction score
Thanks much to the both of you. You've given me some things to consider for a possible re-design. I genuinely appreciate the critique.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, the first thing to try and do with your site is to imagine you have an a4 sheet of paper (approximately), stand it on end, and keep your entire design with in it widthwise. For example, your W3C HTML 4.01 img boxes on the lower left should go on the lower center. Same with "Web design by" link underneath them.

Also, you need to have a color distinction between your "sheet of paper" and the empty space on either side. Yes, empty space is necessary in any site.

Thirdly, a website needs to be built around drawing in the 'mindless' surfers. That means making everything intuitive, simple, out front, yet not boring. A good start to this is by arranging your site navigation links down the left side of your "sheet of paper" instead of at the bottom. Many people never go down to the bottom of a page if they don't see something interesting there.

Hopefully that will give you some ideas. :)

dewolfor

Reaction score
Ok, the first thing to try and do with your site...

...Hopefully that will give you some ideas. :)

Thanks much, ichwar, for the detailed guidance. I agree, and will try to make some of those changes this weekend.

apoorav2

Reaction score
Use Some graphics Boy, Ur webpage seems to me like dull pages,
Try Again..:dunno: