Forbidden Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrestlesomnia

Reaction score
Hey guys, im getting a forbidden error. Anything going on? Can you guys help me out please? Thanks :)

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.ws.x10hosing.com Port 80

EDIT-Just read announcements, i missed it because its just after midnight and it said yesterday lol

is that the problem? the server update?

Last edited:

jay4662002

Reaction score
that may be the cause of you problem also you may want to check your robot.txt files as well as .htaccess these two files have the ability of restricting access to files or folders on your server but the error shows that access to the root folded for you site is restricted i love fixing probs like that its always fun.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you change the permissions of your public_html folder?

mootrix

Reaction score
.htacces most common problem for me too, just delete it and you're fine!

Wrestlesomnia

Reaction score
Thank guys but im not good with this kind of stuff...can someone tell me what to do, without it further messing up my site? I would really appreciate it.

I just looked at the error logs and its a huge list of -

Permission denied: /home/wrestle/public_html/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

I tried what brandon said, the permissions were 000, and i changed them to 644, thats what someone told me. It worked for a bit and then it went back down when i logged in.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the forum account you used when you signed up for hosting? I don't see your hosting account linked to it.

I reset the permissions on your public_html folder, should work now.

Wrestlesomnia

Reaction score
oh, yeah they are back to zero now,i changed it back to 644

Edit:
It seems like every time i change the permissions...it goes back to zero...? It pops up and error message that says operation not permitted...

Actually you posted your message before i changed it....so maybe you should reset the perms again? When you did that it was around the same time i changed it.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I just changed it again and Your site does seem to be working now. "public_html" should be set to 750, not 644.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.