Forms using Form 7 in Wordpress aren´t being sending.

bbuenox1

Reaction score
In texting this message because I have a problem when sending messages with a form plugin called Form 7 in Wordpress.
I configured a very simple form just to prove it changing the corresponding email where the message should arrive. I filled the inputs and send and a sucessful message is showed to verify everything was fine. But when I chech my mail to verify the message was arrived I see that it doesn´t appear anywear even in spam folder.
I think it is a matter of x10hosting as I followed every single step to configurate the form. Does anybody experience the same issue and can help me?
Thanks in advance!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that plugin.
Is the email address configured as the from address one that exists in your hosting account? If not, make sure it is.
Seeing the variables that you can configure, and how they are configured, might make it easier for someone to assist (obviously without showing password if applicable). Generally we can not provide support for what you install, so you may need to check with the creator of the plugin as well.

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
The plugin creator provides this info:
https://contactform7.com/setting-up-mail/
I followed it (see bellow) but doesn´t work:
To: mymail@gmail.com

myname@mysite.x10.bz is the mail that appears in my email control panel (is not the exact one which is wrote here but I´m meaning I´m using the same mail as the one that appears in my mail panel).

It´s a very commom plugin that everybody use in wordpress and that´s why I´m concerned why it´s not working.

I´m also sending a message from another email to my x10hosting account mail (myname@mysite.x10.bz) and seeing that is not received.
I think that there is something related with x10hosting mail reception. Maybe something related with any restriction.
Any idea why is not working the mail reception in any level?

I really appreciate your assistance! :)

Last edited:

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Hi Anna,
any update in this matter? I tried several ways but none of them are working so I think that maybe something in x10hosting is not allowing receive mails.
Can you help me please?

ctyrd

Reaction score
Can you send/receive email with the x10hosting webmail client? "your.domain/webmail". Set up an email client with your x10 email address and check send/receive. For more assistants, what is your domain.

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Uhm... it´s weird, when I tried to access your.domain/webmail it appears a user/password that doesn´t macth with the one I usually enter in x10hosting. Does it has a different user/password? Where can I find it?

ctyrd

Reaction score
The Directadmin hosting control panel. Same place you created the email account. DA Menu >> Email Manager
x10free.png

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Yes, I knew this menu. I have an x10 mail account there that should work with the same password I have to enter x10 but it doesn´t work. In the email accounts there is a plus sign (+) to change the "Current DirectAdmin Password" but, why should I want to change it? "Current DirectAdmin Password" and password to enter x10 are not the same one? Or do I need a password ot enter x10 and other to enter my email account? This is confusing to me and I don´t know what to do.
Can you help me?

ctyrd

Reaction score
DA Menu >> Email Manager to manage email accounts.

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Yes, that´s what I mentioned in last message. I entered to "Email Manager > Email Accounts", there it appears my default mail. There is a plus symbol(+) to change password. It ask to set "Current DirectAdmin Password" and "Enter new password". I´m using my x10 password for "Current DirectAdmin Password" but an error message is displayed saying "Old password incorrect".
Where can I find my "Current DirectAdmin Password" to change that?

ctyrd

Reaction score
It is connected to your DA account username and password and under the profile icon password.png The default email address is not good for send/receive. Create a new email address.

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Hi Ctyrd,
Ok, I created a second email address. Now I have a mail called let´s say johdoex2@johndoe.x10.bz . I sent a test mail from the site and receive to the new mail that I checked in "your.domain/webmail". It works fine right now. I will have to test more things but at the moment works fine.
Thanks for your support! I really appreciate it :)

Last edited: