Forum account oddness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oroibahazopi75

Reaction score
On the control page for my account it indicates I have a forum account activated, and when I use the link to get here it signs me in as the indicated account. I have also done all the activation steps that I have been requested to do

However when I post I post as a guest not a user, I cannot send or possibly even receive pms and I cannot access "My Notifications". They all end up redirecting me to a "you do not have permission" page.

Is this a normal part of the activation procedure?

Also, without wanting to seem impatient, I've been waiting for my hosting account to be activated for just over 24 hours. Though I'm not really concerned about that as others seem to have been waiting longer, I just hope it isn't related to the forum trouble.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
For the forum issue, you show only one post. When you get over 5 or so posts, then the other features (no more posting as guest, and the pms and notifications will be available) kick in. I believe it's a normal vBulletin security measure.

For the sign up issue, there is an enormous amount of new accounts being registered, so the account creation time is taking longer to happen. If it's after 72 hours and the account is still not created, please let us know.

oroibahazopi75

Reaction score
For the forum issue, you show only one post. When you get over 5 or so posts, then the other features (no more posting as guest, and the pms and notifications will be available) kick in. I believe it's a normal vBulletin security measure.
I see, there was nothing informing me of this. I guess I'm just not used to being a regular user. However I have made another post in the welcome area, unless posting there doesn't increment you post count...

For the sign up issue, there is an enormous amount of new accounts being registered, so the account creation time is taking longer to happen. If it's after 72 hours and the account is still not created, please let us know.
Yeah I had gathered that, I can wait. Thanks for the response.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see, there was nothing informing me of this. I guess I'm just not used to being a regular user. However I have made another post in the welcome area, unless posting there doesn't increment you post count...

Yep. Posts in the Introductions forum don't count toward your total posts count. Everywhere else counts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.