forum login problem

jurdooski55

Reaction score
I tried with two other browsers, but could only log in with IE, which I NEVER use if I can help it.

The login text fields would not accept anything, it was like clicking on an image. Quite a few other links at the top were also inactive in anything but IE.

This is very unfriendly.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
This seems to be an issue with our new theme. On lower resolutions, the login fields are simply unclickable.

We have reported this to the staff and they should be getting it fixed soon. Thanks!

10hosting43

Reaction score
I have the same problem.

Using Firefox on my laptop (1024x768 resolution) I can't log in to the forums.

marana

Reaction score
I "had" the same problem, but used an old-fashioned workaround: the [Tab] key. Click in the search field (at least a field that was available on my monitor), or whatever field that is available via your mouse, and then using the [Tab] or [Shift][Tab], move around the screen until you land in the login fields. Type in your info, and [Tab] to the Login Button, press [Enter].

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Another alternative for now is to click on the Transactions link at the menu. A login page will show because guests aren't allowed to view that page since it wouldn't have any content.

pkpoint

Reaction score
ok, I found the solution, go to Account Management Panel and from there you need to visit your forum account. I think this the possible solution for the time being.:wink:

jurdooski55

Reaction score
I'll have to try the workarounds -- still nothing but IE otherwise.

I've tried zooming down to unreadable on top of everything else. That fixes problems on some sites -- if I can still find the link or whatever I couldn't get at -- but nor here. :(

Problem #2 -- every time I post, it seems like nothing happens until I click the button a second time, and then it complains that I'm duplicate posting. :( :(

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll have to try the workarounds -- still nothing but IE otherwise.

I've tried zooming down to unreadable on top of everything else. That fixes problems on some sites -- if I can still find the link or whatever I couldn't get at -- but nor here. :(

Problem #2 -- every time I post, it seems like nothing happens until I click the button a second time, and then it complains that I'm duplicate posting. :( :(

If you're using the Quick Reply box, one click is all you need. After you click it, it usually does submit it even if nothing happens, although your mouse cursor would usually turn into a loading icon. This uses Ajax/Javascript to show a post without reloading. Just wait a few moments after you click it.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
The solution is simple!
Maximize to full screen. The login fields are now clickable. Login. Return to windowed view. Works on IE, Firefox, Opera, under Windows or Linux.

See thread called "Forum Width" (also in the Feedback & Suggestions forum)
http://x10hosting.com/forums/feedback-suggestions/137157-forum-width.html

I'm not really sure if that would work because it doesn't work due to the browser width. If someone has a low resolution monitor, such as a netbook, the resolution would still be too low and therefore the fields would still be unclickable.

You can just click on the Transactions link when you need to login. Since guests don't have credits, you will be prompted to login here and a full login page shows (so you don't need to use the messed up form at the top).

Last edited:

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
When the problem in "* Drop down menus top of forum page not working" got fixed, it also fixed this problem (at least for me). I can now login without maximizing to full screen, and the screen doesnt look scrambled anymore when I restore to a window.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Hooray! The problem (seems to be) fixed now! I dont care that my posts for December 2010 and January 2011 have been deleted! The problem is solved!!