Forum Name Change Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Tomorrow we will be allowing users to change their forum name as a one off thing. We have never done this before and it is a manual process so this will not be something we do often. Make sure you carefully consider what you want your name changed to prior to asking.

If you have any questions regarding this, post them here. Do not post your change requests here, wait for the new thread tomorrow.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Shouldn't users then have to update their cPanel / Account Panel information so it goes along with the new name, instead of suspending you because the old name no longer exists?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
cPanel user name will remain the same, we will take care of updating the account panel to the new name.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
John Klyne....
Jun Klyne...
John Klyne...
Klyne John....
jonny Cash Klyne...
Johnny Klyne Cash...
Jon the Hun Klyne....
Dun Klyne...
Klyne_joe....
klyne_klyne...
klne_john....
Johnn Klyne...
Joan_Klyne...

....I CAN'T CHOOSE WHICH!!! ... Ow well, I guess I'll just stay with John Klyne :)

I'm actually surprised to the changing of usernames......

John goes to the back of the office room, pulls out a bat and hits himself across the head... "WHY WHY WHYYYYY! I don't know who is who ANYMORE!"

Just hope there's still a way to identify the changed names of users with their past names...I make forum "friends" that are known not by looks but by name, changing a name itself would mean changing EVERYTHING I KNOW about someone.

Tis not good...but hey...at least it made me come back to the forums :)

-----
"Corey goes to the back of the office room, pulls out a bat and hits himself across the head... "WHY WHY WHYYYYY! And we just got rid of Klyne, now his BACK! AHHH!"

----------
Back to a level of professionalism.

It is a great update, hope some people with names such as "agung.apriyanto.1280" get a chance to change it..(no offense...dun worry I was an "idiot and made a weird name like that too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.