Forum on site doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthy

Reaction score
My site was made with word press and all the pages work except for the forums section. http://avantgardels.co.cc/forums will not load. All the files appear to be in order for the directory. Did the recent maintenance change something? This is a MyBB forum btw.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you made any recent changes to your .htaccess ?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Please post the contents of your .htaccess file.

Luthy

Reaction score
I have not made any changes to the files. Everything was working fine before the maintenance. Here is the .htaccess file for the forums directory

Code:
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-21-2010 at 08:09 PM ----------

What should I change in the file to get the forums running again?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see it in the .htaccess but the issue is you have a bad redirect:

Response

Checked link: http://avantgardels.co.cc/forums

Type of redirect: 301 Moved Permanently

Redirected to: http://avantgardels.co.cc/forums/

The issue is even with the trailing /, it redirects again and again and again. Do you have any redirects set up in cpanel, and if so what are they?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Is there any .htaccess in public_html folder? If yes post it here.

Luthy

Reaction score
I checked cpanel for redirects and saw "There are no redirects configured for your account." I have no redirects set up and I'm the only one with access to the hosting account so I know nothing has been changed. Here is no .htaccess file in the public html directory.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Ok I checked error logs and got
Code:
[Tue Jun 22 13:03:39 2010] [error] [client 130.65.109.107] SoftException in Application.cpp:564: Directory "/home/luthy/public_html/forums" is writeable by group
[Tue Jun 22 13:02:52 2010] [error] [client 130.65.109.107] SoftException in Application.cpp:564: Directory "/home/luthy/public_html/forums" is writeable by group, referer: http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/125286-forum-site-doesnt-work.html
[Tue Jun 22 12:14:13 2010] [error] [client 66.249.67.248] SoftException in Application.cpp:564: Directory "/home/luthy/public_html/forums/archive" is writeable by group

Seems the file permissions were changed at some point, probably when my site was restored after the server move some weeks ago? Either way I changed it from 777 to 755 and everything seems to work on my end. Can someone confirm if it loads ok?

Last edited:

dlukin

Reaction score
Loads fine for me. No idea why it would have given you that 301 loop, but good to know a fix if someone else has that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.