Forum Title for Paid Hosting

andrew35133

Reaction score
Hey,

I dont know if x10 has this yet but it would be great if the paid hosting people get there own forum (like prime) and a special title.

Thanks,
Andrew Pearson

ps a discusion on the replys would be great

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens when you get a mixed user-group then, such as me?

I'd be Paragon Paid or something :p

henk506673

Reaction score
i agree with andrew35133 it wiould be a great idea for a premieum community fourm

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I think this would be a good move, and another incentive for people to go premium :)

henk506673

Reaction score
why cant you be both is there something against it, and besides wouldent a paragon paid be even higher ranking than a community paragon

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I think if you fit into multiple categories, why can't you choose the title/rank you want shown?

stardom

Reaction score
I'm Premium so I don't get a forum Title or any perks. Unless you go Prime you don't get anything. I like this idea.

henk506673

Reaction score
i too am in premium and also think this would be a good idea because the perks of going prime are slim, you are still left on the free servers and the support is the same.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't get an inside view of how X10Hosting looks under the hood, but I'd venture to guess that since paid membership does not require you to have a forum account, that the forums and your X10Hosting client account are not linked in any way. This means that an entirely new system would have to be created so it's going to be a long time in the making, if it's implemented at all.

Non-automatically, if you could request somewhere to have yourself added to a "premium" user group, that would be easier to implement. However, only staff members can see your client information and not all staff members have even an account on these forums, so you run into more trouble there waiting for a staff member with permission to come along and see your ticket. With a non-automatic system as well, when someone stops paying for premium, they will still remain in the same group as the paying members, which would probably make people angry. So this solution is non-optimal as well.

I think one solution is to make the premium user group a group that anyone can join from the UserCP. It couldn't really come with any perks other than the predetermined title change (probably "X10 Premium User" or something like that) and access to a premium forum, otherwise everyone would join that group for the perks.

It's just a tiny little thing, but there is a lot of trouble it causes. I wouldn't rule it out though; X10Hosting takes very good care of it'smembers, and especially it's paid members, which I can say as a paid member :)

Last edited:

frankfriend

Reaction score
Weren't people who used paid hosting once called VIP members? Or was that something else?