Forums finally up!

RegionalGirl137

Reaction score
I've finally got a forum up and running at http://blackleatherrose.pcriot.com/forums/ but I haven't had the chance to transfer my website over as of get. I am probably going to make the main page be sort of a network portal or something to a few other sites that I have been working on. I want to bring all of my sites to one location/server for easier management.

I do face a problem in moving them. I want to continue to use Dreamweaver and move the site from my old server to the new one. Anyone have any pointers for making this transition and properly uploading it?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing I could suggest would be going through searching for all references to your current domain and replacing them with the new one,. some scripts have configuration files that need to know the location of the website.

Other than that, I'd recommend you just keep a backup of your current site so if the process goes wrong somewhere you can still keep what you've already got.

You also need to remember all your email accounts and databases and everything, they're something that's often overlooked (at least by me anyway).

-Luke.