Forums password, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrider736

Reaction score
I am unable to reply to my previous open support request because I am unable to login to the forums. I have never accessed the forums before and have not set up a separate password for that account, and it looks like the page for changing passwords that I have found changes the password for all user IDs associated with my account, but my current password does not work for the forums. I've tried requesting an e-mail for a forgotten password, but I haven't received the e-mails (I've even checked my junk folder and nothing is ending up there either).

As for the problem accessing my web site, I've now tried clearing my browser history, using a different browser, and using a different computer, but all without success. I suppose it could be a Comcast problem, but I haven't had a problem with any other site that I've tried. It seems more likely that my IP address is being blocked or that there is some other problem on your end.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you tell us your IP we can certainly check that out, and remove the IP if it is blocked. Too many failed loggin attempts to cPanel is the most common cause for an IP to be blocked.

As for logging into the forums directly, your forum username is NOT the same as for cPanel, you should be able to see what the forum username is inside the account panel, if I recall right it would show on the first page, together with a link to visit said forum (should automatically log you in as well I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.