Fox 1 Photography

kyuusei

Reaction score
Fox 1 Photography

It's been a LONG time since I've done any website building so it's mostly bastardized html/css with some flash. Constructive criticisms would be appreciated, particularly in layout.

LHVWB

Reaction score
My only comment would be that the site looks too boring, maybe you could make a better template or find one online. Actually one other comment, your site's page layout could be improved, is there any reason why you need to have your files in folders that have the same name? ie "/08Airshows/08Airshows.html". There is nothing wrong with having the folders named in that way, but you should probably call the "08Airshows.html" and similar files, something like "index.html". Not only will this look better, it will also mean that people can't view the file list of your directories, eg. http://fox1photography.x10hosting.com/08Airshows/.

Another example of this on your site is "/links/links.html" ,it just doesn't look right and its unessesary, you can put the links.html in your main directory and the images into a images directory.

sunils

Reaction score
I should certainly appreciate you for the design. Its look awesome for me. Nice idea has been put in. You proved it that you can tell the message to the viewers with a simple and lucid design.

One suggestion that i would like to make is that, the font is so small. and the color could be changed to some nice color that does not does not make the user feel the difficulty when he/she reads the content.

theafterthought

Reaction score
It looks really nice, I like the simple design and the way it functions, and those are some REALLY cool pics! But for a photography website you could do with more colour and use of images before you get to the stage of looking at the pictures. Perhaps you could make the logo one of your photographs? You need to show your talent as soon as the visitor hits the home page!

tittat

Reaction score
try to use a theme.You can make the navigation bar little more attractive.I was searching where it was.

Sohail

Reaction score
Your site design is a bit simple but professional looking. I would suggest that you add a lot more colour to the page and maybe you should change your layout too. there isn't much content on the site which can be a big problem with a lot of sites as if there's no content, the user will most likely leave the page and seeming as it's a photography site, i don't think i can see any photography on the page at all. So i would say that if you mix design with content then you're going to end up having a very professional site which people will visit and if your lucky, they'll tell their friends how good it is so they would visit it too. Plus if you have content, you will get into the top lists in Google and SEO can make a massive impact on most sites, in fact, i think most sites get their visitors through people who search on Google and similar search engines instead of advertising al the time.

kyuusei

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

Alot of people have told me it too simple looking and it needs some color to jazz it up, but I'm not a very creative person.

Any ideas or suggestions? A faded background perhaps?

And yes, it is rather sparse on content at the moment but I'm working on rectifying that :).

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice, minimalistic design and logical layout.

Simple, but effective.