Free account signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

aa3.joseywales78

Reaction score
My forum account is tied to my free hosting account.
I'm receiving an error when signing up for an account. I put in all requested information during the sign up process, was sent to the status page, clicked update and received an error. Later I received a supposed reason, my security question was not filled out? why is this not checked on the form before allow a potential user to submit it? I did not see this on the form to begin with. Second it still failed after clicking update. You choice of wording on the status page is very confusing. It says I must click the submit button below however there is no submit button below, only an update button on the right.

If you want to give me free service so I can test it and decide whether I want to upgrade to a paid sub, you can fix the problem and send me an email to the address you should already have on file, otherwise i'm moving on.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I see that you have a hosting account pending, and your email is verified. Please wait at least 36-48 hours or so for account creation. If after that time has past please let us know. Your account will get created when it's turn in the creation queue comes up.

Last edited:

aa3.joseywales78

Reaction score
No, I have a friend who had no problem signing up with in 5mins he had an account with access. It looks like a javascript error to me. Eitherway its out of my hands, the only thing I can do is fill the form out and receive errors. If I was suppose to sit and wait then why does my account give an error when i click update and ask if i want to re-submit my application or whatever.

I canceled the process, now i can't sign up with this email. How can I delete this account and start over?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please login to your account panel https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php, and then follow the links there to sign up for an account again. That way, you can use the same email and it'll be connected to your current forum account.

aa3.joseywales78

Reaction score
While i'm posting errors here is a pic of the fail sign up page.
image2ey.jpg
I have tried this in firefox 3 and 4. You can see the the form is messed up. For one it does not show the 're-type password' field, and the password field it does show has text over top of it and is does not allow me to place the cursor inside.

aa3.joseywales78

Reaction score
after going through with the fail sign up page with out putting in my password and leaving it blank it did not cause any alarm and just let me create a hosting account... Now back to the same ole problem, pending account, press submit, no submit button to press hUH?? so press update, and here is your sign!
image3me.jpg

aa3.joseywales78

Reaction score
So, I figured i'd see if my access was granted after resubmitting last night. Still I get the same error with no explanation as to what is wrong. I tried to resubmit again and the same thing. I logged out and tried to create a new account and I get a denied because of proxy or multi attempt.

It would be easier if you techs could create my account manually and just email me the details, rather than going through all this hoopla.(or fix it, its all the same.)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, because of the many things that need to be done in order to create an account, all the complicated linking that needs to be done, and other stuff out of the scope of my understanding of the signup process, an account cannot be created by anyone at X10 for any reason except for through the automatic signup system. It sounds silly, but there is a LOT going on behind the scenes and if any one of these things is not done correctly, your account will not function correctly.

What has worked in the past for other users is to explicitly log out of your control panel and your forum account or clear your cookies and active logins. Sign up with completely new user names, urls, and email address. So long as you haven't tried in the past 24 hours, this signup should process fine. If this doesn't work, I will consult with a staff member what we can do to fix this for you. Sorry for the problems you've had so far and I hope you have a working account very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.