free and easy dvd rip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oiwio

Reaction score
does anyone know a free program to rip a dvd into either avi or mp4 formats for free? I have looked and looked and cant find anything for free that isnt just a trial.

Last edited:

pgames

Reaction score
Last edited:

oiwio

Reaction score
well, abcc only does 15% for free and the second one doesnt let you choose what to rip so I only got the adds

HomerJ

Reaction score
I use mplayer/mencoder on linux. They are also available on Windows with several different GUIs. You will have to do some googling, but if you can find a good mencoder GUI it will be worth it.

I use it from the command line, but I wouldn't want to do that on Windows ever.

mjaudes

Reaction score
Dvd Decrypter, DVD shrink are great backup utilities, already used dvd shrink and it saved my LOTR two towers :D

oiwio

Reaction score
dvd shrink only takes the files out of the dvd, it doesnt convert it

mplayer is very confusing and hard for me to install (Ive looked at it for the past 2 hours and am still lost)

And I cant even download super

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This is most likely illegal to do by ripping DVDs, but if you really want to do this, use VideoLAN. It will convert an ENTIRE DVD for you into RAW video (1--% uncompressed) so you can work with it any way you want.

oiwio

Reaction score
as long as you do not re-distribute the file, it is not illegal. Plus I know a ton of free, and good programs to turn it into a raw video file. the problem I was having was getting that file into a readable file

Sohail

Reaction score
DVD ripping by itself is not illegal, why don't you try searching for it on download.com or a similar site...

Browser

Reaction score
Last edited:

oiwio

Reaction score
the dvd t ipod is nice. It has great quality, but its really slow compared to the others. But it would still save me time since I can have irun it while Im at school and at night plus I wouldve had to convert the avi's to mp4's anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.