Free domain name to my own domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

proje340

Reaction score
Hi,

Good day. Please change my free domain name to my own paid domain name. I already set my own domain name A record to point x10hosting IP. Still not working.

also, if i park my paid domain here in x10hosting, what will happen to my billing? I will pay my paid domain name here through x10hosting or still I will pay through where I originally got it?

thank you very much

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
You can only either park or add your domain as an add-on domain. This cannot be replaced with the main one assigned to your free hosting account.
You would have to pay for renewals or anything domain related via your registrar (not here). (By that, I mean things that aren't controlled by X10).

You'll need to also add in the NS records in order for your domain to work with X10: https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Nameservers

proje340

Reaction score
You can only either park or add your domain as an add-on domain. This cannot be replaced with the main one assigned to your free hosting account.
You would have to pay for renewals or anything domain related via your registrar (not here). (By that, I mean things that aren't controlled by X10).

You'll need to also add in the NS records in order for your domain to work with X10: https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Nameservers
thank you very much for the prompt and clear reply.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Please change my free domain name to my own paid domain name. I already set my own domain name A record to point x10hosting IP. Still not working.
as a security measure to prevent users from attempting domain hijacking - x10hosting has changed the requirements for free-hosting accounts - you need to set the DNS (Domain Name System) [ NS ] records (for your domain) to x10hosting's nameservers [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] for all [ addon ] or [ parked ] domains - instead of DNS [ A ] record - before you can add them in cPanel as an addon or parked domain

Just adding an DNS [ A ] record does not work

I will pay my paid domain name here through x10hosting or still I will pay through where I originally got it?
you will pay where you got it - At your domain provider's (registrar's) Web site

You'll need to also add in the NS records in order for your domain to work with X10
after you have added the domain to your x10hosting account - you can change the domain's DNS zone (A Records, CNAME records, etc.) with the [ Advanced DNS Editor ] at cPanel-x3's home page - you can revert back to your own (or other) nameservers afterwards if you prefer

1. Point your domain to x10hosting's DNS name servers
2. Wait for it to propagate.
3. Add the domain as a parked or addon domain.
4. Point your domain back to your DNS name server.
5. Add an DNS [ A ] record for your domain - on your name server to point to which x10hosting's free-hosting server your account is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.